Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #1

Question Info Jayflight 32BHDS

Hello everyone, new to the group. We are looking at upgrading to a 2014 Jayflight 32BHDS and was wanting to know any Cons/Pros? We currently have an “04” Jayflight 29BH. Excited about the outside kitchen but have heard good and bad on them as far as leaking and such. Have never delt with an automatic awning but am thinking it is going to be a really nice change. Also never delt with the flat fiberglass paneling before. How is it for caulking upkeep? Damage??
Thanks so much....
campMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Info Jayflight 32BHDS

I replied to your message before reading this post. Mine has the aluminum siding not fiberglass which I prefer because I am SCARED TO DEATH of delam issues. By the way the outside kitchen is great. I am going to reset the fridge at a slight angle because the way it is the door will not open far enough to take the shelves out.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #3

We have a 32BHDS, love it. Don't have the outdoor kitchen or fibreglass so can't help there. The only drawback is it is a beast to tow on windy days. We live in the Canadian Rockies so it is all mountain driving and once I got the wd hitch tuned right it became pretty good but there isn't much I can do when the wind starts screaming through the high passes.
Webeskiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #4

We like our 2013 32BHDS. The bunkhouse is nice and roomy and if you opt for the jay-cube is very versitile. It's nice to give the kids their own space when couped up inside! We have had zero issues with the outdoor kitchen leaking. Like others have said, it's is heavy and the only real storage is in the front if you have the outdoor kitchen, not a problem with a good hitch and properly sized tow vehicle. I would recommend getting 50amp and the second ac if you routinely camp in 100+ degree temps. Our unit is also aluminum so I can't speak to the reliability of the fiberglass but I have heard that it is not vacuum laminated like the Whitehawks which many people feel makes it an inferior design. Their are a couple odd things I have noticed like, the heater exhaust is right below the city water connection (I use zip ties to get mine out of the way), the grey valve is under the kitchen/livingroom slide, you can't open the outdoor fridge all the way which makes getting the trays and such in and out interesting. Aside for from those things which are minor annoyances we love it and would highly recommend!
ctrom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #5

We bought a used 2010 32BHDS this year and are using it seasonally with our two young kids. It is an excellent layout but have a few observations.

If you are most interested in extra space in the bunkhouse consider moving up to the 32BHTS. When comparing prices of new trailers there wasn't much difference.

There is very little room in the master bedroom. Can't really walk around the bed at all so my wife and I are getting changed either in the living room or in the small area between the bed and the wall in the bedroom with our a$$es against the windows. If you're concerned about space in the master bedroom than consider 36BHDS.

We have the 30 amp version but so far no issues blowing fuses. Electric awing is very useful and is on our must have list for future trailers.

Overall, very happy with our 32BHDS.
turkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkii View Post
There is very little room in the master bedroom. Can't really walk around the bed at all so my wife and I are getting changed either in the living room or in the small area between the bed and the wall in the bedroom with our a$$es against the windows.
This is hilarious and SO true!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #7

Happy with our 2013 32BHDS

Very nice unit.

We had a warranty claim when the ladder cracked. Jayco replaced it.

We also got the automatic awning. It is convenient but the way it is set up the awning extends almost straight out, rather than down at an angle. While you can make some adjustments, a manual awning would have enabled us to angle the awning down more, thus securing it in a bigger wind. As it stands, whenever there is any noticeable wind, we generally retract. Don't know if I would buy automatic again.

Overall, I am very happy with the 32BHDS and with Jayco. Highly recommended.

Ensign
Yamaha EF3000iseb generator
Renogy 100 Watt Solar Suitcase
ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #8

I have the 32 TSBH, which is the aluminum siding. It is little over one year old we love it. Outside kitchen has not been any problem.

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
:USA::USA:
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #9

If you have a small group, this trailer is laid out nicely. The outside kitchen and outside bathroom entry saves alot of going in and out. The extended seating in the booth is also a plus. Just a great all around roomy camper for sleeping more than a few people.

2012 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
gudde1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #10

I just bought mine a few months ago. I was looking for this floorplan for a while in a bunch of different manufactures. No one had exactly what I was looking for in the price range. We absolutely love this trailer so far - I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that. There were some minor issues we had to have the dealer correct after using it for the first time. I would say go for it, but if you can wait, prices in the winter are always better - like 3-4k in my case. I still got a good deal (IMO) at $27100 out the door in California. It had options that I liked and I think it was a good deal.
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #11

32 bhds

I have a 2012 32BHDS for sale if you know of anybody interested in a used one in like new condition.... I have it listed in the For Sale section.

2012 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
gudde1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #12

We routine ly camp with 7 people and 4 small dogs. So far our 32BHDS has traveled from Maine to Florida and we have no regrets.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #13

We have the same camper!! Good choice!
Cookies Cleared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #14

Since when has the 32BHDS come with fiberglass siding? The Flight series is aluminum, unless 2015 has made changes.
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #15

It's a pretty rare option, but they are out there.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #16

The down sides are small bedroom and the outside sink drains to the black tank. If you are not careful and the black tank gets full all the black water comes out of the sink before the toilet. So if it is at night the toilet will look fine but in the morning the outside sink will be full of crap!

Other than that we love ours!
Old 06-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkii View Post
There is very little room in the master bedroom. Can't really walk around the bed at all so my wife and I are getting changed either in the living room or in the small area between the bed and the wall in the bedroom with our a$$es against the windows.
X2. I have the Eagle version of this floor plan and the front master bedroom is EXTREMELY small --- This is our # 1 beef with this trailer!!! Making the bed/changing the sheets is a royal PITA and the room is so small DW and I take our clothes to the bunkhouse for changing. Also, the short queen is really short - DW and I are both 5' 9" and under and our feet touch the rear of the entertainment center while sleeping (very annoying and hard to sleep at night). I think Jayco resolved this in the 2015 Eagle version (added 1.5' of overall length), but not sure about the JayFlight version.

#2 Beef = Very, very little kitchen counter space. There is no where for DW to prepare meals (she ends up using the dining room table a lot), there is barely anywhere to put your dishes while they dry, and forget about leaving a coffee pot/toaster setup all day (we pull ours out for breakfast then have to store away).

The beef's above are all tolerable when you look at all the other pluses you get with a trailer this size - large bunkhouse for the kiddos, outdoor kitchen is awesome (except the fridge the door issue already mentioned), outdoor access to the bathrooms. Other than that, we love the design of the trailer and it is awesome for large families (we slept 10 during our last trip). You'll be thankful you have the extra room inside on rainy days.

Almost forgot - Beef #3 mentioned by another poster already - the outdoor sink drains into the black tank and is lower than the stool, so that is where it will backup if full (what genius engineer thought of that design).

Enough for now - I hope my rant hasn't scared you off -- it is a great trailer overall and I would buy it again today if I had to.

Best of luck with your decision.
Honda EU3000is
DW, DD x 2 (10 y/o twins), DS x 2 (8 & 6 y/o), and "Oscar" the Weiner Dog
rtbreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #18

I took the garage option over the outdoor kitchen.

Daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #19

We love ours, yes the master is small. My biggest gripe is the doors have to be shut to watch TV in the bedroom. We came from a 30ft with NO slides so we love ours. With two small kids I can't think of a better floor plan.
I bet I can get on my bike right now and go see at least a dozen of them in the campground I'm currently in !!
campingn.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
Since when has the 32BHDS come with fiberglass siding? The Flight series is aluminum, unless 2015 has made changes.
Starting in MY 2014 JayFlights had a Fiberglass siding option. It ísn't the same vamuum bonded gelcoat option in the Eagle line, but Fiberglass siding is an option.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote