Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #21

Dont think only camp ground.
A friend of mine went to a show in Branson,they had him park his big motor home out in the "big rig area".
His hobby was making silver and tourquise jewelry.
When they came out after the show all his stuff was gone.
They still think the guy that parked him out behind was in on it.
My Eagle has the 2 chairs with a fixed table between, which houses the power cord.
On the inside there is a removable panel that slides out,it took me over a month after I bought the trailer to discover it so thats where I put my stuff I want to hide for now, but I am considering a small hand gun safe.
1 wife
2 spoiled cihuahua's
rugerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #22

I had someone try to enter my camper at a gas station when I went inside to get the diesel pump turned on. My wife was in the truck and saw a young man try the back door but it was locked. He knew how to unfold the hand rail and left it out when he ran away. I would say if you are going under 10mph you are at risk of someone trying to steal something from you.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerguy View Post
...but I am considering a small hand gun safe.
Me too, not as much because of theft but more becasue of kids camping with us. My kids are very firearm aware. They have had lots of education and experience with them, I trust they won't mess with my guns -- but those sound a little like "famous last words". More importantly for me, it seems we always have another kid or two with us. I don't always know how much these other kids are have been taught with respect to firearms and I am not willing to take that chance. More importantly if the roles were reversed and my kids were with another family who had firearms I would want them locked up. Again not because my kids havn't been taught (and contantly reminded) but its the others. All it takes is one curious kid, with no respect for firearms, to make a huge mistake and change the course of many lives.

Off my soapbox --

How do you plan to secure it? I am thinking of glueing in 5/8 ply to the inside bottom of one the bedside wardrode closests and bolting the safe in there. I am just not sure that is the best idea. I do want my pistle close and available, but also secured from curious minds -- Although I am not so much concerned with theft it does make sence to address that too. Should my TT ever be broken into I wouldnt want the whole safe to just walk away that is why I am considering bolting it down.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #24

How do you plan to secure it? I am thinking of glueing in 5/8 ply to the inside bottom of one the bedside wardrode closests and bolting the safe in there. I am just not sure that is the best idea. I do want my pistle close and available, but also secured from curious minds -- Although I am not so much concerned with theft it does make sence to address that too. Should my TT ever be broken into I wouldnt want the whole safe to just walk away that is why I am considering bolting it down.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing as far as the wardrobe.
At night it is on the table beside me just like it is at home.
This would be more for when we go down to the beach or somewhere that is posted,other wise it is on my side.
I havn't got to the point of deciding what brand/model,my wife and a daughter that often goes with us,also have their CCH, so I will try to find one that will hold at least 3.
1 wife
2 spoiled cihuahua's
rugerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #25

I hide my cash behind a picture of my mother in law on our night stand. We've been broken into 4 times and the thieves stoled everything they got their hands on except for that picture. For your copy please send $9.95 in a self addresses envelope to Locky.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #26

Thanks to all: Been Away from the forum for a little while, Tex1961 a door alarm is not a bad idea we have a house system already, RoyBraddy, Out of sight out of mind is definitely the first line of defense that we use all the time with the cameras and the kids video games but I still think that I will be installing a small safe hidden somewhere thanks to all
outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote