Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #21

As far as I know Allstate and Geico are on 6 month renews, probaly so they can increase that much sooner if they need to. I can't recal the last time I saw one of my policys go down. I've had both and they offer a small discount for paying up front in full on renewal dates. Although it's not a significant ammount with my providers.

As mentioned above, location, credit rating, year and make of insured property are the major componenets. And obviously driving record as well as claim history.

The only true way to know if your getting a good deal is to shop. Last shop saved me $700.00 a year and I increased my overall coverage on all my vehicles.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #22

rodro123--According to my agent SF isn't one of those companys that discounts for paying yearly, so it costs me $1.00 per month to direct pay monthly.
Since I'm on retirement income & ss it works the best for me. But if it was anymore than that I would make the yearly pay work. Larry
Old 09-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #23

I've got Hartford for the two trucks, the Expedition and the Eagle. The Eagle comp and collision is only $113/yr, but as it's now winterized and in the barn, they cancelled the collision, resulting in a figure of less than 80 for the year. But they did warn me that I'll have to call next spring and tell them to add it back on. I just switched to them in April because they were less than 50% higher for 12 months than my prior carrier, which was cheaper than most, was charging for a six month policy. Got to admit, I'm a bit suspicious. But another fellow says he experienced a similar price difference with them. Of course, you have to join AARP to get the rate, but you aren't required to maintain membership.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #24

Will check into that when our current policy expires. We're paid in full until Aug 2k12.
We're members of AARP. Thanx for the info.
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #25

As I said, I'm a bit suspicious. Progressive, Am. Family and Safeco all got me with great rates, only to have them creep or jump way up over three or four years. One of them, Progressive, decided I had a DUI or some such on my DMV record during the year and that my wife didn't have a valid drivers license, which would have been a surprise to her employer as she drove with a CDL. Neither were true but it was interesting. They were billing us $2900 for six months, almost a 5x jump. But as it turned out, they had checked our Maryland license records so they'd get a long term record because our Colorado ones were new when we moved here. Naturally, both expired when we got Col. licenses but they didn't catch that on DW's record. They corrected that error but insisted I, ME, straighten out the DMV showing the DUI. Scr.. them! It was their error, not mine or DMV's. That's when I went with Am. Fam for a few years until their premium went high enough to get me shopping again. Safeco was good for three or four years and were the lowest when I checked against Farmers or State Farm, maybe both, and Hartford. Last year Hartford was giving me good numbers until we got to the dually, which they would not cover. I checked again this year and they were covering duallies, the rate was far lower, so I switched. Time will tell.
'14 Denali XL
Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19H F250 View Post
rodro123--According to my agent SF isn't one of those companys that discounts for paying yearly, so it costs me $1.00 per month to direct pay monthly.
Since I'm on retirement income & ss it works the best for me. But if it was anymore than that I would make the yearly pay work. Larry
Well My policy with american family is yearly and yes there is a discount.
I insure 2010 honda accord, 2005 sebring conv, 2009 dodge ram 2500,
all are 250,000/500,000, 10k med, 500 ded, full comp, towing/rental. Umbralla 2million, I pay for the year $1744.00 all cars and umbralla in that price. Now I have a very high credit score and insure the house, boat, TT and have life insurance with them. I have never had a claim in 25 years (knock on wood). I'm also over 50 so I get every discount in my price. You may have an agent that isn't willing to give you the yearly price because they work on commision. He earns more on monthly then yearly price.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #27

Rodro, if I can ask, we have the homeowners continuing with AF as it's hard to get HO insurance where we live. Our FICA scores are both over 800 or equivalent, yet with every renewal, AF has some wording along the lines of, rate affected by neg. credit report, something to that effect. I've never asked the agent but wonder if you see a similar message. I'm guessing the rate is affected by our location but that they use a blurb from the bad credit side.
'14 Denali XL
Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk+ View Post
Rodro, if I can ask, we have the homeowners continuing with AF as it's hard to get HO insurance where we live. Our FICA scores are both over 800 or equivalent, yet with every renewal, AF has some wording along the lines of, rate affected by neg. credit report, something to that effect. I've never asked the agent but wonder if you see a similar message. I'm guessing the rate is affected by our location but that they use a blurb from the bad credit side.
I have no message like that on my bills from af. But I got my last bill in April for May could be something new that they now put on the bill for everyone. You need to ask your agent what that is. My home is 15 years old, I have a security system discount for that, claim free discount and haveing other policys with af discount and over 50. we have rider for the other half's jewelry on the home insurance . 500 ded, I paided it for the year in may was $1563 last year in may was $1528, year before was $1550. It may also be because I'm in AF's home state 5 out of 10 have there insurance with them. we also are less then 2 miles from the fire station and a lake accross the street less then 350 feet from the house so in case of a fire they can suck water from the lake to put it out.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #29

Gee, I've gotten that message for years now. Anyhow, we're lucky to have HO. Surrounded on three sides by national forest, 133k acres of which burned in '02 coming within a mile and a half of us on two sides.
'14 Denali XL
Old 09-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #30

Does anyone out here, living in your tt full time have an idea how much for insurance
BOBRAM is offline   Reply With Quote