Originally Posted by Jon_Hanson
My family is interested in getting a Feather 26BHSW as I think it will meet our needs nicely. No dealer local to me has one in stock so I'm forced to try to figure out details from pictures on the Internet. I was hoping that a current owner could answer some questions:
- In the lower bunk, does it have it's own switchable light?
- Jayco's website says that each bunk has it's own shelf and plug but I haven't been able to see any pictures of such. Is the plug and shelf towards the font of the unit?
- I believe they include USB charging ports but it's unclear where they are. I would guess in the front bedroom but I wanted to check with an owner to be sure. If it is in the front bedroom, is it on both sides of the bed or just one?
- I don't see any porch lights for either the main door or the bathroom door on the other side. Is there some kind of exterior lighting for nighttime?
- Is there storage underneath the dining bench seats?
I think that's it for now. I may have some more follow-up questions later as I think of them.
If at all possible, try to locate one as nearby as possible to get a first hand look at one. Even if it requires a bit of a road trip. Then if it meets your expectations, you can order one from your local dealer.
I was in a similar situation for the jay flight 38FDDS. My local dealer didn't have one here in northern Massachusetts, and I was ready to make the truck to Albany NY just to look at one before ordering. Meantime, we had a Florida vacation planned and I was able to find out a dealer down there had one in stock. We took the 45 minute ride from where we were staying to look at it. I ordered one locally when we returned from vacation.