Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2016, 10:12 PM   #1

Interested in a Feather 26BHSW

My family is interested in getting a Feather 26BHSW as I think it will meet our needs nicely. No dealer local to me has one in stock so I'm forced to try to figure out details from pictures on the Internet. I was hoping that a current owner could answer some questions:
  1. In the lower bunk, does it have it's own switchable light?
  2. Jayco's website says that each bunk has it's own shelf and plug but I haven't been able to see any pictures of such. Is the plug and shelf towards the font of the unit?
  3. I believe they include USB charging ports but it's unclear where they are. I would guess in the front bedroom but I wanted to check with an owner to be sure. If it is in the front bedroom, is it on both sides of the bed or just one?
  4. I don't see any porch lights for either the main door or the bathroom door on the other side. Is there some kind of exterior lighting for nighttime?
  5. Is there storage underneath the dining bench seats?

I think that's it for now. I may have some more follow-up questions later as I think of them.
Jon_Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #2

I have a 2016 Jay Flight SLX 264BHW which I believe is the exact same minus the slide.

1. Yes each bunk has it's own switchable light.

2. My bunks don't have any shelves but the bottom bunk does have its own plug. The plug is toward front of bunk. Maybe the 26BHSW has shelves.

3. Mine doesn't have any USB ports but plenty of plugs all over.

4. Mine has door porch light for main door.

5. Mine has storage under the dining seats.

Like I said mine is a similar trailer and I imagine they should be pretty close. Hope I helped a bit.
Coldfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:56 AM   #3

I plan on getting the Feather 26bhsw within a month and have looked at several similar models. The 264BHW is not a similar floor plan but the bunks are similar.

I don't remember any USB ports on the Feather but there was storage under bench seats. I'm going to an RV show next weekend. I'll try to answer all of the questions.
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #4

You will have a led outside light under where the awning mounts. They are bright.
Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #5

Sorry I was confusing your model with an slx 267BHSW. Still should be pretty similar features though.
Coldfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #6

Jon Hanson, google your model number and you will see numerous links to dealer's with your model. They often have posted photos and you will probably see links to video's also, describing your model. Usually on U Tube.

Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Jon Hanson, google your model number and you will see numerous links to dealer's with your model. They often have posted photos and you will probably see links to video's also, describing your model. Usually on U Tube.

Wireman
I've done that. These are the questions I have remaining based on what I didn't see in my image and video searching.
Jon_Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Hanson View Post
  2. Jayco's website says that each bunk has it's own shelf and plug but I haven't been able to see any pictures of such. Is the plug and shelf towards the font of the unit?
  3. I believe they include USB charging ports but it's unclear where they are. I would guess in the front bedroom but I wanted to check with an owner to be sure. If it is in the front bedroom, is it on both sides of the bed or just one?
  4. I don't see any porch lights for either the main door or the bathroom door on the other side. Is there some kind of exterior lighting for nighttime?
I just got a Feather 23RLSW last week. Can't tell you about the bunks, but you'll love the LED lights under the awning, and I think you can safely assume there's storage under the dinette seats - there is in mine. The whole USB charging port question is a new one to me - I'm going to go take a look at mine and see!

Enjoy!

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #9

Quote:
I believe they include USB charging ports but it's unclear where they are. I would guess in the front bedroom but I wanted to check with an owner to be sure. If it is in the front bedroom, is it on both sides of the bed or just one?
I had to satisfy my own curiosity, and braved the cold to take a look at my new 23RLSW. There is a USB port on the stereo system, but I couldn't find anything else in the unit. Your 26BHSW might be different, of course.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #10

Quote:
My family is interested in getting a Feather 26BHSW as I think it will meet our needs nicely. No dealer local to me has one in stock so I'm forced to try to figure out details from pictures on the Internet. I was hoping that a current owner could answer some questions:

I think that's it for now. I may have some more follow-up questions later as I think of them.
We seriously considered this model so I crawled all over a 2015 model (No Outdoor Kitchen or Door out the Bath) and took lots of photos this past summer. Ultimately my TV got totaled so I got a bigger truck and went with a bigger trailer, if the BHSW had a larger dinette we still might have gone with that one. They are not a normal model kept on the dealer lots but this dealer had 2 and I could have gotten a good deal on 1 but by the time we decided to purchase our next trailer they were sold.

To answer our questions... from looking at my photos and recollection.

Both bunks had a switchable light and 110 plug towards the front of the bunk (wall where the dinette is). The 2015 did not have the corner shelf but 2016's are supposed to.

The bedroom did not have a USB plug on the wall like the JayFlights, the 110 plugs were on the side of the bed base, 1 on each side. Based on the photos of 2106's I have found the 2016 does not have USB plugs up front. The only USB plug was in the Stereo.

Outside Porch Light... Jayco in their infinite wisdom, when they went to the LED strip under the Awning they did away with this. I went all over the camper and did not even notice it, a few weeks later my Aunt and Uncle were in town camping with their new Starcraft Ultralight and they had the LED light under the awning and it was BRIGHT so I said why not use the Amber Porch light... but there was not one there! So I said let me check the photos of the one I looked at and it was not there... we used ours all the time on our X19H.

When I ordered my 28BHBE I asked Jayco directly if they would install a Porch Light from the factory like the JayFlight SLX's have and they said no can do, it would have to be a dealer add on or put it on myself (which I may do).

So the LED under the Awning is the light which is not practical when you want a low light bug light but works I guess.

There is storage under the bunks from the top of them under the seat cushion.

Couple other notes...

In the 2015 there was not option to mount a TV in the Bedroom, may have been changed in 2016.

There are actually (2) Gray tanks which none of the literature stated but when I crawled up under the trailer there they were, one for the Galley and one for the Bathroom, this is actually cool to have as your galley sink use won't fill up your shower Gray water.

This is actually a pretty neat little model, met all our needs (other than U Dinette) to upgrade from our X19H Hybrid and I liked that it sat lower to the ground as the slide is over the wheels, if my Expedition EL had not been totaled we most likely would have gotten one. Our 2 favorites from our search were the 26BHSW and the 28BHBE so when I got my F250 it opened up the option to get the 28BHBE so we went that route.

Here is a link to study some more photos... you can see there is no USB plugs on the bedroom walls.

2016 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite Slx 26BHSW Travel Trailer Lacombe, LA Steves RV | Lacombe | Louisiana RV Dealer

Good Luck on your search.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #11

Quote:

If at all possible, try to locate one as nearby as possible to get a first hand look at one. Even if it requires a bit of a road trip. Then if it meets your expectations, you can order one from your local dealer.
I was in a similar situation for the jay flight 38FDDS. My local dealer didn't have one here in northern Massachusetts, and I was ready to make the truck to Albany NY just to look at one before ordering. Meantime, we had a Florida vacation planned and I was able to find out a dealer down there had one in stock. We took the 45 minute ride from where we were staying to look at it. I ordered one locally when we returned from vacation.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #12

I just got back from a Jayco visit. Both bunks have their own shelf and light. They are both on the wall that would share the television on the opposite side.

Storage under the dinette it's limited. It's not the entire bench. The front bench only had about 40% available while the rear bench had 60% available for storage. The remainder was sealed with a screw and couldn't be lifted.

No USB ports were present but this coach was an early build (it's been on the lot since October) so maybe the "newer" ones might.

Porch lights appeared to be the LED rope lights under the awning... that's it. I've read that they are bright, maybe too bright.

I'm fairly confident this will be my new trailer come spring. The wife liked it, the kids loved it and I like the feather weight. Seems like a lot of trailer for under 5000lbs.
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote