Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #1

Is it common for Jayco to make unannounced subtle changes?

I know the website notes that features are subject to change without notice. Is this common? Today when I went and looked at our new trailer at the dealership, I noticed right off the bat that the shower stall was round with sliding doors, rather than the neo-angle with a pull open door I had seen in pics of other 2016's of the same model online (earlier 2016 models). I also noticed that the bedding had an attractive print rather than just the plain colored ones I had seen. I also noticed a newly designed model sticker on the outside next to the door that is different from the other 2016 38FDDS that I had seen.

I'm not complaining. Quite the contrary, as these are all welcome changes IMO.
I'm just curious to know if anyone else has noticed any subtle mid year changes on trailers that were ordered.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #2

I believe it is fairly common. In our Eagle the couch was changed from a hide-a-bed to a sectional style, something we definitely didn't want. When I called the dealer (Julie @ Forrest RV) to question which we were getting, they had no idea about the change. Thankfully our order was in just before the change took effect so we got what we had ordered. I don't know what other changes, if any, were made.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #3

I bought mine from Julie also! Small world.

Here some examples of what I'm talking about.
1st pic is what I was expecting, 2nd pic is what we got.

Graphics difference.
Pic1 is what we were expected, pic 2 is what we got.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #4

well I like the second pic on both as long as the shower is just as functional .... and yes they do change things a few times a year without notice lol
Old 01-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #5

Thanks. I agree, I actually like the round shower better as there's no door to have to swing open. I think it's more functional in an already restrictive RV bathroom. Size wise, it seems to be the same. I walked inside it and didn't notice a difference vs the neo angle design. I was just surprised to see it.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
snip...
I'm not complaining. Quite the contrary, as these are all welcome changes IMO.
I'm just curious to know if anyone else has noticed any subtle mid year changes on trailers that were ordered.
They changed the side our bathroom door hinges on. I liked the change.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #7
Site Team

Here is the disclaimer on their website:
Disclaimer | Jayco, Inc.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #8

That was my biggest fear when I ordered mine. I only had the floor plan to go by. I had to kind of piece things together from other models.

But, like you, the changes they made were in my favor (just got a 360 degree view this week) and I am relieved, and happy that it is better than I had hoped.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #9

I noticed in your picture of the shower that they are still using that worthless sink drain. The stopper has only position, CLOSED. Be careful not to drop anything down it. I found a small screen that I put in mine.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
I noticed in your picture of the shower that they are still using that worthless sink drain. The stopper has only position, CLOSED. Be careful not to drop anything down it. I found a small screen that I put in mine.
Mine is not like that, if I turn it 90deg. It stays up. I'll get a pic of it in the AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #11

That second shower pic is one I got off the web, I forgot to take bathroom pics, but that's the shower we got. I'm not sure about the sink drain. I do know we have the handle type bathroom faucets, not the round knob type shown in the shower pic I previously posted.

This is the toilet/sink area of the 38fdds. Can't see the drain in this pic.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #12

I imagine it's not at all uncommon for changes to be made. We ordered our Eagle in December for an April delivery after reaching a deal. A month later our salesman contacted me needing more money for changes Jayco would be making for units built after the New Year. Since we'd done the deal over the internet and phone, I was a tad suspicious. But when he gave me a list of the changes, I was all for it. Among them was a porcelain toilet and hard surface countertops. Well worth the few extra dollars.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
But, like you, the changes they made were in my favor (just got a 360 degree view this week) and I am relieved, and happy that it is better than I had hoped.
Speaking of the '360 degree view', I was checking out the one for my model (38FDDS) on the Jayco website. It indeed shows the newer round shower in it as well as the print bedding. What's really strange is that it also shows the standard RV door rather than the patio slider. I actually may had gone for the regular door vs the slider, but they removed the option. The wife prefers the slider, so I may have lost that battle anyways.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #14

They made a change on the 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW. They are now installing in the bedroom a coax and 110 volt receptacle for a TV hook up. There will be a sticker on the side wall for the mounting plate location.

The coax & outlet are on the ceiling above the window. The change wasn't announced but we asked the factory rep at the Pomona show why the display units didn't have a bedroom hook up. He said the change will be made on all new units.

Who knows, by the time I pickup my rig in late Feb or early March other changes may have been made. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
They made a change on the 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW. They are now installing in the bedroom a coax and 110 volt receptacle for a TV hook up. There will be a sticker on the side wall for the mounting plate location.

The coax & outlet are on the ceiling above the window. The change wasn't announced but we asked the factory rep at the Pomona show why the display units didn't have a bedroom hook up. He said the change will be made on all new units.

Who knows, by the time I pickup my rig in late Feb or early March other changes may have been made. Wireman
I could wish for this on our 23RLSW. DW and I both made note of the lack thereof during our initial sales tour of the TT. But since it has the couch, we just figured we'll do our TV watching in the living area. OTOH, maybe I'll get ambitious and add it myself. When you get yours, maybe you could post a photo of the location?

[PAUSE]

Hey, the Jayco website shows a TV mount in the bedroom - it's high up on the bathroom wall. I think I would have noticed if my unit has one, but at the same time it would not be terribly difficult to add the mount and wiring in that location. The snow mountains around our TT will make it all but impossible to look more closely for several weeks, most likely. Use this link, and then click on the 360 Virtual Tour. It's there, big as life!

2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW | Jayco, Inc.

FWIW, our 23RLSW came with a TV, plus an extra KeBloc mounting bracket; the mounting block to put on the wall would have to come from the manufacturer; I've requested pricing.

Regards

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #16

It seems this time of the year you start to see features that will be showing up in the next model year start to get incorporated in the current year since the mfg lines are about to get switched. It seems that April/May the 2017 will start to ship although the website isn't typically updated till Aug.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #17

rkresge, That TV location is different from what the factory rep told me. He said it was above the window next to the bathroom wall. The outlets were suppose to be on the ceiling.

Looks like another change of a change. Wireman
Old 01-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #18

Quote:
rkresge, That TV location is different from what the factory rep told me. He said it was above the window next to the bathroom wall. The outlets were suppose to be on the ceiling.

Looks like another change of a change. Wireman
I get that, but given the layout of the bedroom and the position of the sliding door to the bathroom, it looks like a very logical spot to put it.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #19

The location shown on the virtual, at the foot of the bed is definitely a more logical place.

Would be nice to know the wall width to figure out what size TV to buy. rkresge, is this a new virtual tour on the website? I never looked at it before.

I'd post a photo of where the StarCraft 24RLS location is, which is the same location the rep told me, but I can't figure out how to do it. Wireman
Old 01-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #20

Quote:
The location shown on the virtual, at the foot of the bed is definitely a more logical place.

Would be nice to know the wall width to figure out what size TV to buy. rkresge, is this a new virtual tour on the website? I never looked at it before.

I'd post a photo of where the StarCraft 24RLS location is, which is the same location the rep told me, but I can't figure out how to do it. Wireman
You can probably figure out the TV size by looking at the options page for the TV in the bedroom.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote