Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #1

Is it possible to change types of toilet

I am new to living in an travel trailer and this cute little toilet is one thing i would like to improve on. Is there anyway of doing this. I would like a more traditional toilet something with a tank maybe. I dont care if its porcelin or not. any imput
wannagetrdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #2

A traditional tank type toilet, not sure you can pull that one off though honestly I don't know. Unless someone on the forum can give you some "for sure" answers my advise would be to call your local Jayco dealer or a reputable RV repair ctr for help. Sorry I can't be or more help but do wish you luck.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #3

Hmm... doubt you have the clearance or the overall space in your unit for a 'traditional' toilet. I believe that there's some high-end RV toilets that may be porcelain however most RV's use the plastic. itsy-bitsy peddle operated buckets with an actuated hole-opener thingie toilet that uses little-bitty streams of water to clear the bowl. Living in an RV is all about minimalism!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #4

If you want your trailer to be mobile, you need the present design. If you would have the RV planted in one spot, like a regular house, then you should covert to a house type toilet. A house type toilet would be heavier; water would slosh around in the tank; fresh water tank would empty quickly; black water tank would fill too soon. Park model units do have house type toilet because they aren't pulled down the road except when moved to semi-permanent locations.
Billy Dean is offline   Reply With Quote