Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #1

Is there a battery disconnect control on the Jayco's

Hello everyone. I just purchased my new 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29 QBS and I'm not sure if there is a battery disconnect control I can turn off or if I have to disconnect the battery terminals. I have seen disconnect switches on others but don't see one on here. Does anyone have any suggestions? I got it next to my home on the rv pad but don't want to continuously disconnect and reconnect battery terminals. Let me know.
Kountrydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #2

I know mine didn't come with a disconnect . In my opinion there are a couple of options. 1 is to install one directly on the battery in the form of a simple one post disconnect found in most auto stores. 2 is to install a dial type disconnect which unless your planning on switching between 2 batteries seems like more work to me. I just choose to keep a wrench with me and disconnect the ground when I have it stored for any period of time.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #3

Jayco dealer showed me the in-line fuse on the positive cable coming off the battery, he said just remove the fuse when TT not in use. This I have done and my battery is still at full charge after being home 2 months... Just gotta remember it when time to go.

Larry J
2015 264BHW
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #4

Kountrydoc, i just bought a 29qbs also and asked about battery disconnect and was told there isn't one on it. i will be adding a 2nd battery and a four way battery switch sometime this summer. Congrats on the trailer by the way!
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #5

Canadiankid what do you do on your trailer? Do you disconnect the negative terminal?
Kountrydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #6

ya, and twice now i've dropped the wing nut into the box and needed my wife to get her little hands in there to get it. ill bring a switch and supplies camping one of these trips out and add it in. Couple pops and some trailer tinkering!! cant wait!!
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #7

Bought one at walmart for under $5. works great. Spin the green knob and its disconnected. ALWAYS hook to negative.
Tommyboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #8

I have a kill switch on my. forgot about it yesterday, when I put the batteries on.
No power
Light bulb went off in head
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #9

OI have been thinking about putting one on my 29 RLDS but haven't done it yet. i just unhook the wing nut from the negative side of the battery,.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiankid View Post
ya, and twice now i've dropped the wing nut into the box and needed my wife to get her little hands in there to get it. ill bring a switch and supplies camping one of these trips out and add it in. Couple pops and some trailer tinkering!! cant wait!!
That is why I have two spare wing nuts in my parts bin.

Most trailers do not come with a battery disconnect. I just remove the inline fuse at the battery.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #11

We weren't happy with our battery setup and recently upgraded it. In the process we added a circuit breaker in anticipation of upcoming solar upgrades. It's mounted to the rear of the battery box in a standard outdoor outlet box. All I do is, open the box cover and push a button to disconnect.

PNWDriver is offline   Reply With Quote