Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #1

Issue with my water pump?

We have a 2015 26BHS and I am having trouble with my water pump. All of the camping we do (really more like "Glamping") has been done at campgrounds with full hookup, 30 Amp sites, so we're always connected to pressurized city water.

The only need I have had for the pump is when I sanitize my system. This spring, and again the other day, when I got it full of my bleach solution and turned on the pump, it ran fine when filling the HW tank and all the lines.

But, when I go around the camper to each fixture to run them until chlorine treated water was flowing nicely and I could smell the bleach, I noticed that at times, the pressure would drop off to a mere trickle and the pump would not kick on. A few times of closing the faucet and turning it back on was enough to get the pump running again. Has happened with all fixtures.

I am wondering if I have a pressure switch that is not working correctly in the pump, or could it possibly be the sediment filter? Anybody else run into this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

2015 Jayco 26BHS
2019 Chevy Express 3500 15-Passenger w/ 6.0L
charlesfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:51 AM   #2

I would check and clean the sediment filter first. It's super easy to do, and it solved my water pump problems. It takes an astoundingly small amount of "stuff" in that filter to create problems. Though my problems were slightly different than yours.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:47 AM   #3

X2 the sediment filter. As the pump runs, trash that has accumulated gets pulled into the screen until it's almost blocked. When you shut off the pump, the trash floats or drifts away from the screen. Start the pump again and it begins to collect against the screen again.

But if it's not the filter, then yes, your next most likely culprit is the pressure switch. Although that's not a "sure thing". If this is a rotary pump, your rubber impellers may just be worn out and not pressing against the sides of the pump chamber hard enough. Run them for a minute and they flex away and stop pumping. I've had that happen to an older pump as well.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I will check the filter first and go from there!

2015 Jayco 26BHS
2019 Chevy Express 3500 15-Passenger w/ 6.0L
charlesfarm is offline   Reply With Quote