Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #1

Issues with our Furrion system

We have a Furrion System (radio, AVin, Aux, DVD Player) in our new Jay Flight 27rls. It was working fine. We went away this weekend and now it turns on and takes forever to come up. When it does the volume doesn't work, you can't switch functions, over time it jumps from function to function. Has anyone else had an issue with their system.
ryounglewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #2

Had some problems with my unit. Emailed Furrion (Goggle them) and they sent a replacement pronto. No problem. Super service. I didn't even bother with the dealer or Jayco. Maybe I just got lucky.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #3

Thank you

My husband is going to call them first thing in the morning. Thank you
Old 06-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #4

Not sure if this will help or not, but I had an issue where our Furrion DV3200 was not broadcasting a Bluetooth signal. I used a pen to push in the small reset button on the front of the radio and it fixed it...

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #5

For the amount of money that Furrion & Jensen want for their products, if you were to buy them aftermarket, is stupidly expensive compared to well known quality products like LG or Samsung.

Our Jensen TV wasn't even hooked up to the DVD player or the ceiling speakers. The Jensen TV speakers reminded me of the tinny sounding speaker in a 1960s Japanese transistor radio. And, the TV isn't even "smart"!

Bought the same sized Samsung from Best Buy for $200 and can stream movies from my phone, a portable hard drive via USB or computer and connect to wifi! The speakers in this flat screen even sound better than the ceiling speakers in the trailer!

Sorry, rant over!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #6

Reset

Unfortunately we tried the reset didn't work, thank you for the input thought. much appreciated
Old 06-06-2016, 05:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryounglewis View Post
Unfortunately we tried the reset didn't work, thank you for the input thought. much appreciated

Are you having the issues while plugged into shore power? I know if you are just running off battery the Furrion will give you issues when your battery is low. the symptoms you are describing are extremely similar to the issues I was having when I was running off battery and the battery got very low. Once I plugged into shore power all the problems I was encountering were gone.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #8

shore power

We are plugged into shore power when it happens
Old 06-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #9

I have the DV3200 and I constantly have to hit the reset to get the bluetooth to sync back up with my iPhone. Three emails to Furrion and still zero response.

Other than that, it works great.

Oh, and I wish the bluetooth range were greater so I could walk around the campsite with my phone.

2008 Sierra 2500HD LMM
2016 Jay Flight 28BHBE
trailerCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #10

Fixed

We called Furrion and they are shipping us a new one. Their customer service was fantastic
Old 06-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
Not sure if this will help or not, but I had an issue where our Furrion DV3200 was not broadcasting a Bluetooth signal. I used a pen to push in the small reset button on the front of the radio and it fixed it...

Good luck.

Thank you. This tip fixed my buzzing while in bluetooth mode issue.
ShouldaBoughtaJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #12
RAZ

Just posted this in another thread...

We are having trouble with our DV3200 as well. I have no radio signal now. It just quit working one day. I checked the antenna connection at the back of the unit and it is firmly in place. Perhaps the antenna wire is disconnected from the external antenna. That is a bit more challenging to troubleshoot. I plan to hook up a separate antenna to test before disassembling the antenna on the roof.

Also, occasionally the unit will just freeze up. Only after hitting the reset button once or twice will it begin to cooperate again - without the radio, though.

I put a call in to Furrion today. We'll see how quickly they respond with a solution.
RAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:36 AM   #13
RAZ

Furrion tech support is very responsive. I called and submitted a support request online yesterday evening and I received a call this morning. Furrion is sending me a replacement unit. Great customer service!!
Old 07-01-2016, 01:06 AM   #14

I have problems with my unit too! AM/FM radio not playing through speakers. How easy is it to swap the units out?
Roadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:34 AM   #15
RAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhound View Post
I have problems with my unit too! AM/FM radio not playing through speakers. How easy is it to swap the units out?
It's pretty easy to swap out. I took the unit out to check if the antenna wire was still connected. There is a black plastic cover on the lower half of the face. Pop it off and it reveals the four mounting screws. Remove the screws and pull out the unit carefully as there are numerous wires behind. If I remember correctly, there are several connectors that make it easy to disconnect, but I can't recall how many individual wires plug directly into the unit. Just mark them, if necessary, before disconnecting.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:58 AM   #16

The CD/DVD is broken on mine. My dealer has ordered a replacement under warranty. The radio and Bluetooth work fine

Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 AM   #17
RAZ

As a follow up to my previous posts, Furrion delivered a new unit and I installed it yesterday. Everything works now and we can get back to camping!!

Hope everyone else has luck with getting fixed up. Furrion's customer service was great for me.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #18

Glad to hear Furrions customer service is so responsive. Watched a DVD over the weekend (first time) and everything worked fine (audio not the best). But I can't get the DVD to eject now. Just glad it didn't come from Red Box.
I will try the reset when I get a chance.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:56 PM   #19
jmk

dv3200

Just accepted delivery on new 28BHKS. The dv3200 dosn't seem to be a very quality unit. I cannot change frequencies on AM stations without unit locking up. Can't even turn it off without taking a paper clip and hitting the reset button. Seems ok otherwise. Sent email to Furrion but havn't heard anything yet. Thanks for tips on other issues.
jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk View Post
Just accepted delivery on new 28BHKS. The dv3200 dosn't seem to be a very quality unit. I cannot change frequencies on AM stations without unit locking up. Can't even turn it off without taking a paper clip and hitting the reset button. Seems ok otherwise. Sent email to Furrion but havn't heard anything yet. Thanks for tips on other issues.
I did a factory reset on mine (paperclip in hole), and it fixed several bugs, including Bluetooth and random lockups. Worth a shot.

Edit - nevermind I somehow skipped over the part of your post where you clearly said you've done that...
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote