Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #1

It's Here, It's Here :) new 28BHBE

Picked up our new 2015 Jay Flight 28BHBE yesterday. The guy that did our PDI was rather useless and I feel like he was in training because every question I had he needed to ask someone else. we got the E4 hitch and P3 break controller and and added Tiberens to the Tundra and it towed it home nicely. We live in a cul-de-sac and turning it around (thanks to the stupid teenage next door not being willing to move his car in the street in front of my house) was a challenge for us as noobs but we managed to get it in our driveway. Found the incline of our driveway made it a challenge to get level but its not being stored here we just brought it home to get it all set up. the E4 is very tight and we had major trouble getting the ball to come loose from the truck. Any tips on that? Do we need to grease the ball and what kind of grease then should I use? Camper is beautiful and my kids are wired for sound they are so excited. First trip out is planned for Easter. Looking forward to getting to know our new camper. Now I really need someone to buy our PUP lol. Not having much luck on craigslist.

MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #2

Congrats! We have the same in 2014, and we find it extremely confortable; you will enjoy it. Good luck, and have fun!
NY RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:04 AM   #3

Very nice enjoy!

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY RVer View Post
Congrats! We have the same in 2014, and we find it extremely confortable; you will enjoy it. Good luck, and have fun!
Maybe you can answer a question, During the PDI we found the outside speakers don't work. Tried to figure it out with no luck so we were told take it out find all the little things that need fixed and bring it in when we can give them a few days to work on it. So we have noticed the TV also doesn't play through the speakers indie which do work. Am I correct in assuming I should be able to hear the TV through the main trailer speakers?
Old 03-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #5

I think your problem with the Ball is because you are on an angle. I have the same problem as do others. What I do is I stand on the rear bumper of the truck so that it sits a bit lower then reach over and try to raise the Tongue using the motor. It may involve some bouncing up and down..but the ball does release a little easier. I don't have this problem when level.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #6

Congrats on the new TT. We also live in a culdasac and have the same issue with people parking their vehicles in the street. It definitely can be a challenge. We will sometimes remove the bars on the equalizer hitch so we can make a little tighter turn.

Enjoy your new toy.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommieMara View Post
Am I correct in assuming I should be able to hear the TV through the main trailer speakers?
Normally no, you need to buy a cord to connect TV audio out to the radio/dvd player. As to the outside speakers there should be a button on the radio that would control them seperately from the inside speakers.

Also did you get the unit at COLERAIN?
Old 03-22-2015, 07:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommieMara View Post
Maybe you can answer a question, During the PDI we found the outside speakers don't work. Tried to figure it out with no luck so we were told take it out find all the little things that need fixed and bring it in when we can give them a few days to work on it. So we have noticed the TV also doesn't play through the speakers indie which do work. Am I correct in assuming I should be able to hear the TV through the main trailer speakers?
If you went thru all the selections on the stereo, I believe A (living area) , B (bedroom), and C (outside), and they still dont work, then there coukd be a problem. I would try taising the volume a bit also, as I noticed mine have to be put up a bit outside versus same number inside.

I also had a problem figuring out how to get TV sound to ceiling speakers, but then figured it out by accident. If I remember correctly, the stereo needs to be on also, and may have to push another button. If I get a minute later, I will run out and play around with it and let you know. It would also give me a reason to go hang out in there!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Normally no, you need to buy a cord to connect TV audio out to the radio/dvd player. As to the outside speakers there should be a button on the radio that would control them seperately from the inside speakers.

Also did you get the unit at COLERAIN?
Yes that button cuts in and out. There is a issue with the wiring somewhere and the tech could not find it. Not a big deal since I don't see myself using the outside speakers a lot but when we bring it back in we will get it fixed.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #10

First of all - gorgeous trailer! Very nice. I love the aluminum wheels and the black trim is also really sharp. Yes, you should grease the ball lightly with some general purpose grease, as well as the friction spots on the hitch head itself (where your bars go in) and NOT on the tongue brackets!

The TV sound has always played through my trailer speakers, although I do remember having to play around with it a bit before I found the right setting. Usually there is a speaker setting A B and C, the latter being outside speakers if I recall correctly.

As stated before, usually a good idea to remove your weight bars from the hitch when doing tight maneuvering and backing up driveways. What weight bars did you get? 1200lb?
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:52 AM   #11

I've got the same trailer as you, just a '14. The "A" setting on the stereo is the indoor speakers, "B" is not utilized and "C" is for the out door speakers. To have the TV sound thru the speakers you have to push the "AUX" button.

I use Lithium Grease on my ball and pivot points for the WDH bars.

I've had my trailer for a year now and love it....I've had some minor issues, all have been fixed by dealer. Enjoy that 1st trip and all the ones after!!
Dan
Old 03-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #12

Ok, mommiemara, just came in, thanks for the excuse! Turn tour TV on, then turn your stereo on and hit the AUX button. AUX 1 is ceiling speakers, and AUX 2 is tv speakers.

Regarding outside speakers, make sure it says Speaker C ON. Honestly, I never use my outside speakers myself, as campground neighbors may not necessarily want to hear what we may want ro listen to. I'm sure boondocking out in nature, they could come in handy.

Let me know how you make out.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:07 AM   #13

Nice! C'mon Easter. We also have to navigate a cul-de sac. Guess your neighbor hasn't lived long enough to learn the "what goes around" lesson. Enjoy the step up in TT and good luck finding a new home for the pup.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #14

Very nice set up. My TV does play through my inside speakers. Think as I remember you have to also turn off TV speakers on the TV . Mine is still covered so I can't go try or I would. It does take a little playing around to figure out what button sets each set of speakers. I see you mentioned timbrens did you just get them installed. How do you like them.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:27 AM   #15

Congrats on your new trailer! Very nice too!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
Very nice set up. My TV does play through my inside speakers. Think as I remember you have to also turn off TV speakers on the TV . Mine is still covered so I can't go try or I would. It does take a little playing around to figure out what button sets each set of speakers. I see you mentioned timbrens did you just get them installed. How do you like them.
My husband installed them himself. He said it was very easy. He can feel them (when not towing) only when he hits a pothole or big bump and when he takes a sharp turn fast. Otherwise he doesn't know they are there. We just towed home with it but between the E4 and the timbrens the truck looked nice and level and per my husband it was easy to tow.