Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2016, 06:43 AM   #1

Jay Feather 25BH reviews

Hello! We are looking to upgrade our Jayco x23b to the Jayco Jay Feather 25BH. Does anyone currently have a Jayco 25BH? I would be interested in what you like or don't like about it. Thanks!
Oswaldburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #2

We just picked ours up. We love it. Upgraded from a 18 fdb.
So far the only issue is the upper bunk is difficult for our 9 year old to get into and the ceiling in the upper bunk is low. Looking for a ladder or might try to make one.
I also wish it had a bigger entrance handle. I may have to install one.
Our first trip is in 2 weeks.
Happycamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:38 AM   #3

Thanks Happycamp! Our local dealer didn't have one on the lot so we haven't seen it in person yet. I'll definitely check our the top bunk when it comes in. Have fun on your first voyage!! I'd be interested to hear what you think about it after your first trip
Old 04-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #4

I just ordered one about 1.5 weeks ago with the 2017 updates included. Bunk house layout fits us well for taking 4 more people along & the weight max of 6750 lbs works with our F150. The TT has a sofa & a dining area. I got the upgraded 15k a/c, enclosed underbelly, ladder, elect tongue jack along with it. Looked like the best value for the money. I need to pick it up at build location though but that will save me over $2k & I have the time to do it. New 2017 standard updates include solar & rear camera prep ready. They also have a new interior color Copper, the brick color was deleted, new kitchen cab knobs & pulls, new vinyl diamondflor flooring, smoked glass cab inserts, Split bowel Kitchen sink, additional led lighting, & a few other things.
GL with the search. I had to travel 199 miles to get into one for a hands on view. No one in Orlando area had this model?
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswaldburns View Post
Hello! We are looking to upgrade our Jayco x23b to the Jayco Jay Feather 25BH. Does anyone currently have a Jayco 25BH? I would be interested in what you like or don't like about it. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycamp View Post
We just picked ours up. We love it. Upgraded from a 18 fdb.
So far the only issue is the upper bunk is difficult for our 9 year old to get into and the ceiling in the upper bunk is low. Looking for a ladder or might try to make one.
I also wish it had a bigger entrance handle. I may have to install one.
Our first trip is in 2 weeks.
Hello to both and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #6

Thanks Robert9999, we were not able to see one in person but the dealer has one on order. I was curious what upgrades the 2017 would have. We did order some upgrades but didn't know about the Brick color being discontinued. We have that color in our current x23b. Where are you driving to pick up? Indiana?
Old 04-21-2016, 10:39 AM   #7

Yes Middlebury Indiana ( The Mecca of RV's). I will attach the list of the 2017 upgrades.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:47 AM   #8

Upgrades
Attached Thumbnails
008.jpg   010.jpg   009.jpg  
Old 05-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #9

I haven't purchased ours yet, but hope to this week. We spent a lot of time comparing models online and had a tough time deciding between the Jay Flight 26BH and the Jay Feather 25BH. When we went to view the (2016) models, we started in the Jay Feather 25BH and liked it a lot. Then took a 5 minute walk to get to the Jay Flight 26BH. We thought the 26BH would work for us and the more time we spent in it the more we liked it. We almost decided the 26BH would be the one, but then (after spending a lot of time in the 26BH) went back to the 25BH and were blown away with the amount of space by comparison.

Things I like about the 25BH:
  • Amount of space
  • TV that swivels around so you can view it either in the main living area or the master bedroom
  • Amount of space - yes, I know I already said that :-)
  • Double bunks (also on the 26BH)
  • Corner shelves and outlets in double bunks (I'm pretty sure)
  • Option for the outside kitchen and grill
  • Sleeps up to 10 (6-8 comfortably without moving the table) (FYI, same goes for the 26BH)
  • Electric Awning (probably on all new models)
  • Light weight (should be no problem with my Ford F-150)
  • And finally, the amount of living area, a,k,a "space" :-)

The only negatives were:
  • Top bunk is kind of hard to get into (same for the 26BH)
  • The bathroom sink is in the bathroom (on the 26BH it's just outside of the bathroom)
  • It's kind of awkward to sit in the living area and watch TV (you kind of have to look at it from an angle. BTW, I still think it's better TV viewing than the 26BH)

Hope this helps!
I'm very excited to get ours.

-Len
Buffalonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert9999 View Post
Upgrades
Thanks for posting this!!!!!

Anyone know why Jayco doesn't update their site with the 2017 model information?
Old 05-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #11

Thanks Buffalonian! Nice to hear what you thought about the comparison between the 26BH and the 25BH. I am concerned about the top bunk being hard to get in and out. I wish it was a twin on top and a double underneath like a trundle bed.
I was also wondering about the TV being hard to see from the sofa. Was wondering if it's possible to put a different TV mount on there so it still swivels to bedroom but you could pull it out and turn it while it's in the living area? Also a little bummed that they went back to the double bowl sink on 2017's. I would rather one large sink.
I don't know why Jayco hasn't updated their website yet, I have been looking online for pictures of 2017 25BH, but all I can find is 2016 (some say 2017, but pics are of 2016). Good Luck with your purchase! Would love to see pictures! We ordered one beginning of April so it won't be in until June sometime. Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #12

I don't think you will be disappointed with the 25BH...we love ours! The slide gives so much more room to move around in. And hey, I might be willing to to trade sinks with you, I have the large single bowl kitchen sink and would rather have the dual...��
Old 05-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswaldburns View Post
Thanks Buffalonian! Nice to hear what you thought about the comparison between the 26BH and the 25BH. I am concerned about the top bunk being hard to get in and out. I wish it was a twin on top and a double underneath like a trundle bed.
I was also wondering about the TV being hard to see from the sofa. Was wondering if it's possible to put a different TV mount on there so it still swivels to bedroom but you could pull it out and turn it while it's in the living area? Also a little bummed that they went back to the double bowl sink on 2017's. I would rather one large sink.
I don't know why Jayco hasn't updated their website yet, I have been looking online for pictures of 2017 25BH, but all I can find is 2016 (some say 2017, but pics are of 2016). Good Luck with your purchase! Would love to see pictures! We ordered one beginning of April so it won't be in until June sometime. Thanks again!
Using a different TV mount might be a good idea, but it may not be necessary. When we played with it, we were able to swivel the thing its mounted to for a better view for anyone sitting in the couch, but it starts to hide a little of the TV the more you swivel it. It's not bad if both people on the couch are laying in the same direction (need a pillow or something for your head to make it more comfortable), but if you plan on sitting conventionally then yes, a different wall mount might help a lot. The only negative I can see is that it will likely stick out more when you're not using it (I've never see one that swivels that mounts flush to the wall).

If you do decide to use a different bracket, you may want to opt out of the TV option and buy your own. Since you'll have to mount it yourself it will probably be cheaper to but the TV and bracket from Sam's Club or wherever.

FYI, I am not affiliated with Sam's Club, I just buy all my TVs there :-)