Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #1

Jay Flight 24FBS questions

My wife and I will be purchasing a new T.T. with in a year and we are doing our research. Are there any forum members here that have this floor plan? Any common issues or areas to pay attention to? I am very concerned about water leaks from the city water connection and the tank fill. Is it possible to access these areas from inside the trailer to make sure the connections are good with no leaks? I have never a owned a Jayco product and I have some concerns about the quality. I have read both good and bad experiences and we are trying to make the correct, informed decision. The 24FBS is by far our favorite floor plan from all the trailers we have looked at. Thanks, Bob.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #2

We bought that exact model last year and we love it. I'm a construction guy and we chose jayco because of their superior build quality compared to all the other trailers we looked at. Others may have had more options or luxuries or flat out looked cooler but we wanted something we liked that would last. With the warranty they offer it covers anything for 2 years anyway. I purchased a cover for ours but haven't even taken it out if the box. I wanted it to sit in the weather for a full year to find any possible leaks or issues, so far there has been zero. It's been in a LOT of rain, wind storms and snow and no problems. You won't be disappointed
Jayrad313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #3

We just bought this model. But won't be taking it out for its first camping trip for awhile yet! We love how it looks so far, tho!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #4

We bought a 248RBS last Oct. Great quality. Have had it out a few times love it. No problems what so ever.
Bill
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #5

We love ours and with a 2 year warranty we have twice the peace of mind compared to the others.
snookwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #6

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feed back.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #7

It's very hard to beat the two year warranty. I'm not sure how much of it is the dealer you have or if it is truly Jayco, but I did all kinds of knuckle head mistakes that the dealer fixed for me under the two year warranty. There were a few things that were also true warranty issues, the dealer never hesitated to make it right. We camp 30-40 nights per year and have 2 kids that were 5 & 7 when we first bought the TT brand new in '07. If you have kids you know our unit has been through the extreme stress tests. The only other brand I think I'd give consideration to because of their quality is Airstream. Those are so expensive though that it is hard to beat the value of Jayco. Throw the 2 year warranty at competitive dealers and watch them dance around it and make excuses. Jayco is a well built unit in my experience.

2007 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS
2016 GMC Duramax Sierra 3500 HD Denali
4 Crown CR-235 6-volt batteries - 470 AH bank
3000 watt Magnum Energy MSH-3012 Tri Metric 2025
Cummins generator
Winegard Traveler DirecTV slimline HD SK-3005
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote