Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #1

Jay Flight 26BHS Pricing

Hi,

First post on the forum, - current Jayco owner looking to move up in size. (kids keep growing!) Enjoying the forum and have learned a lot since I found it a few days ago.

We've decided that the 26BHS is the right model for us. We got a price quote for a 2016 from TheRVExpress.com and we live right near the Richardson's dealer which I've learned from this forum is the the same folks who own TheRVExpress. Here's the quote we got:
Make/Model Jay Flight - 26BHS
MSRP 23,456.00
Delivery Option West Coast
Mandatory Options Customer Value Package 2,399.00

Chosen Options Thermal Package 472.00
Roof Ladder* 97.00
Interior Color (Choose One) - Shadow 0.00

MSRP $26,424.00

We can special order you a 2016 to the above specifications for $21,025.00 ...
I've seen that the conventional wisdom on this forum is that 70% off of MSRP is achievable when negotiating. This quote is only 79% of MSRP so I think we can do better.

Has anyone had any experience negotiating with TheRVExpress? How firm are they? Does it make sense to negotiate with the Richardson's salesmen if they are all the same outfit?

Richardson's is the only Jayco dealer within 200 miles of us so it is somewhat hard to play the dealers off each other. We are not in a big hurry to buy however.

Thanks for any input.

- Dave
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:53 PM   #2

We are in SoCal too and just bought from Indiana RV. They are owned by same company as Richardsons. They gave me a slightly better deal than Richardsons yet I get to pick it up at Richardsons.

I worked them hard at Richardsons. Even walked away from an offer through internet sales guy that wasn't horrible but I wanted about $800 less. Indiana RV gave me the deal I wanted. Wouldn't you know it that Richardsons actually called me later ready to go lower but I already started process with Indiana.

I couldn't quite get to 30% off but I am thinking that is because of the delivery.
I did a lot of shopping around first and got the quote online through RV one and couldn't get any west coast dealers lower. I still don't know the official msrp of the one I got as it is a 2016 but if I were re going from 4% higher than the 2015 I would of gotten 27-28% off.
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #3

I purchased my 2015 Jay flight 26BHS from rrvdirect.com. Not sure if there is a dealership near you, but the price I received could be beat. I paid 16995, around 19,000 OTD.
erniediaz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #4

Did you buy the 26BHS? I put down a deposit on one here in Vegas and the price I got them down to is $21,560 this is with the thermal package and electric stabilizers. Not sure if this is a decent deal or not. I don't mind paying a little more to keep it local because if there are any issues I sure as hell don't want to have to drive 3 hours to get something fixed.
1973nader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erniediaz123 View Post
I purchased my 2015 Jay flight 26BHS from rrvdirect.com. Not sure if there is a dealership near you, but the price I received could be beat. I paid 16995, around 19,000 OTD.
www.rvdirect.com

you have an extra r in there

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
www.rvdirect.com

you have an extra r in there
Great catch. Also, I purchased the stock unit, didn't add any extra's.
erniediaz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #7

I did not get the 26BHS. We decided it was too long for our needs. But I did get the quote for the above configuration from TheRVExpress.com down to $20,000.

Enjoy your new trailer. We are still in the market for something bigger but it looks like Jayco does not have a model that will work for us...
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #8

I too am in Temecula and really wanted a Jayco so I had to deal with Richardsons. The reviews were scary but I was able to get what I think was a decent deal on a Whitehawk 28dsbh through them. Took some hardball, but they worked with us and were overall pleasant.

Us west coasters get dragged over the coals with prices......I looked at the midwest dealers and eve thought about driving back to pick one up, but in the end it just wasnt worth it.

Good luck in your quest.....
Damer419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #9

From my understanding from my FIL who sells cargo trailers, freight is a huge reason for the different pricing in different areas of the country. It can explain the thousands difference. They have to pay someone time & mileage to literally drive and pick up the trailer.

Made me feel lucky to be here in the midwest!
thearrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #10

We just purchased a 27DSRL Whitehawk from a dealer in Michigan who saved us a ton of $$$. The MSRP on it was a little over 37K we got it for just over 23K. Granted we had to drive from Arizona to Michigan to pick it up but it was all set to use when we did get it. We made a vacation trip out of it and tkk our time driving back. Dealers do not or will not waive the destination fee or even paperwork fees. Might think about using a dealership close to the actual production plant as we did
Jhnbggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #11

Mine is the 26BHS SWIFT. Paid $19,000 from RVONE in Albany.
Hope this helps.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote