Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #1

Jay Flight 27RLS

Hi:
Anyone own a newer model Jay Flight 27RLS? We are the proud new owners of ours (2016) and have "visited" her a few times at the dealership; however, we don't pick her up until next week. We love the floor plan and all the upgrades (all the bells and whistles). We plan to use her year round and was wondering if anyone had any "tips" or "reviews" to offer.... Thanks in advance...
capewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. The 27RLS was preceded by the 26RLS in the 2015 model and has been now replaced in the lineup by the 28RLS. So there are likely few owners of the 27RLS here on the forum since it was a short lived offering. But not to worry, all 3 of those models have similar floorplan and specs, just a few tweaks.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #3

We have the 2015 27RLS, which is a bit shorter and lighter in weight than the 2016 model. We feel it is the best trailer we have ever owned. You should be very pleased with your 2016 27RLS. We love the floor plan. We have been out quite a bit with ours. We have even taken grand kids with us at times with no problem – plenty of room. We have traveled about 3,000 miles in ours so far and it pulls well and is a solid trailer. On our 27RLS, we upgraded to the 15,000 BTU, added a slide topper, and replaced the bathroom fan and the non-fan vent in the living area with Fan-Tastic fans with MaxxAir vent covers and added a Perfect Harmony Mattress Topper from Camping world to the Denver mattress. Good upgrades. We had a few needed repairs that were covered by Jayco warranty. Jayco was excellent in completely covering the repairs without any hassles. I’m not sure why Jayco did not keep the 27RLS, because it is one of the best trailers ever made, IMHO. They have gone to a larger 28RLS, which has a much heavier tongue weight and is much longer. I’m sure that will be a popular trailer, but I wished they had kept manufacturing the 27RLS along with the new model 28RLS. The 27RLS has a much lighter tongue weight, is shorter and lighter weight which makes it much easier maneuver and pull. Oh well, glad I bought mine before they stopped producing them. I have owned a Montana 39 foot fifth wheel, a large class A motorhome, plus several other travel trailers, including a 2013 Jayco 28DSBH and we like the 27RLS best of any of them. We are very pleased with the 27RLS. Congratulations on your new purchase. If your experience is like ours, you will be very pleased with your new 27RLS. It is one of the best trailers ever made.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #4

Thank you folks for the info. I really appreciate it~
capewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #5

Capewander, by now I am sure you have used your new Jay Flight 27rls. My wife and I purchased a 2016 model and had our first trip this past weekend. I agree with mmwhit that this is a great floor plan. Prior to this camper, we had a Terry Quantum 320DBHS which was almost 35 feet long. We bought this thinking our adult children might camp with us. As with many others who have probably purchased for the same reason and then found that this did not happen much. In fact, ours purchased their own trailer. So, with no need for a bunk house (except for storage) we bought the Jayco. Our first trip was great. In fact, we had plenty of room for two other couples who came for a visit.

I am taking my trailer in for some warranty work. We found that the two outlets over the sink and the outside outlets were not working (breakers okay and GFCI was not tripped). When visiting with the service tech, he said that he had seen some wiring that was done without stripping the insulation prior to inserting the wire into the plug. Must have been a Friday and someone was in a hurry to get off work! Glad for the Jayco warranty to take care of other issues that might come up over the next couple of years.

Wish ours had a second vent in the living area. I guess this was eliminated with the addition of the sun roof? The only vent in our trailer is in the bathroom.

Happy trails to everyone.
caddo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #6

We have the 2015 27RLS which we bought in May. Since we bought it we have camped at least 45 nights in it.
It had the best layout of any trailer we looked at.
Our criteria was:
No more than 27ft, not including tongue.
Large water tanks
Access to stove and refridge with slide closed.
Decent counter space.
Lots of cabinets AND drawers (surprising some trailers have no drawers)
Standalone dinette.
Access to bathroom and bedroom with slide closed.
Pantry in kitchen.
Good sized linen closet in bath.
Shower in bath, with bath split across trailer.
Full passthrough.
Lots of windows.
Outside shower.
The 27RLS met every checkbox. Hope you enjoy yours.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote