Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2015, 04:53 AM   #11
Great first trip. As others have noted, the setup/teardown will become second nature. Our first few trips last year I was VERY slow and used a checklist for everything, but it got to the point that I didn't need the list anymore. I always do a final walk around once DW and the dog are in the truck, just to be on the safe side. I also do a walk around at every stop.

Rob & Kelly, Bella & Brady (Miniature Schnauzers)
2016 Eagle 323LKTS
2016 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2015 White Hawk 29REKS Summit Edition (Traded)
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:54 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Heady View Post
Mara glad to hear your voyage went well. A few of us are heading to hocking hills the weekend of the 24th. Your more than willing to ping along if your up to it.

If your interested either PM me or stop by the Midwest Rallies being planned.
I wish I could but I need a long weekend to make the trip worth it and I think thats a class weekend for me. I teach and am in Grad School every other weekend getting my masters in special education. Once summer hits though I plan to be a camping queen Next move is for me to learn to back up the trailer with the help of my 14 year old so we can go out without my husband since his vacation schedule is not as liberal as mine lol.

2015 Jay Flight 28BHBE
upgrading from Palomino Yearling 4102 Popup
2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7 4x4 full tow package
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:56 AM   #13
There really is not reason, at least that I know of, for you to have to drain the water heater after every trip. Most of us just drain it at the end of the season, or if travelling to a warmer area in the winter, before returning.
2006 Ford F350 SD Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam
NY RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:31 AM   #14

This is what I use on my water heater plug. Works great for me.

I hope you enjoy your new 28BHBE as much as we do!
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #15
Sorry, I meamt like, not lake. Yes, take a look at Home Depot or lowes in the plumbing section. I used a short PVC nipple, can't remember the size....1/2" or 5/8"? Then a 12" flex connection like you would use on a sink or toilet. I matched it up to a valve also like you would use on a sink or toilet.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:32 PM   #16
Hey Swinepartner, how does your suburban do towing the 28bhbe? I should also ask what size your burn is.
We are picking up our trailer on Friday, and I will be towing it with my Tahoe with the hd tow package. Reading some threads on here I have started getting a little nervous!
Anyway, I would love to hear how yours is doing.
NWJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #17
NW, so far the burb is doing good. Only been in two trips w/ it. Gets about 8.5 mpg. And I start looking fuel at the 150 mile mark. I'm easy on accelerating, leave room in front of me. It pulls great between 55-62ish. Had it up to 65 on some flat interstate and it did pretty good. My dad who has full timed for 20 yrs,went w/ me to take it to the dealer the other day and said that it handles pretty well and is doing what it is supposed to be doing. The only thing that freaks me out now is seeing my trans temp creep above 200 while in small towns. But service guy says I'm good till 250 for long periods of time. Highway speeds it runs 170-180. We only carry snacks in it, so trailer has all cargo n luggage. I am keeping my eyes open for a 3/4 ton, but I think I'm good for now. Hope this helps some.
Kevin "Corndog" Cameron
2016 Ram 2500 CTD TRADESMAN
2015 Jayflight 28BHBE
Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #18
Camping World sells a brass plug with drain valve that is a permanent replacement for that plastic plug. It makes it much easier to drain the water heater using this device rather than having to find tools to remove the plug.

dakotakid91 is offline   Reply With Quote