Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #21

I have a 2016 34RSBS that is exactly that way. I too had a problem with the Swintec slide and had it fixed under warranty. While there I asked them to explain the extra holding tank. They said this model has an option for stack on washer/dryer and the holding tank was put under there for that. It also has plumbing going to that end that is dead. Just a waste of labor and materials that made (me and you) pay more for the trailer. Other than that I have been pleased with mine. I hope you get the problems worked out.
jtboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #22

We have a 2016 34RSBS and asked the same question. I was able to get the plumbing schematic from Jayco and the front gray tank is there to support the washer/dryer connection. We solved the problem by adding a twist-on valve onto the sewer hose connection allowing us to use both tanks together. When you hook up, you put the valve on, then open both gray valves (make sure the black is closed) and they'll seek level using the connecting piping. At dump time, you have to close the gray valves, then open the twist-on valve to drain all the connecting piping, then open the black. I drain each gray tank separately after that. Here's a link to the valve so you can see it:

Twist-on Valve - Valterra T58 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World

Good luck.

TxHoo83

2016 34RSBS
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax
TxHoo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:57 AM   #23

The 34RSB I'm guessing is a popular model for seasonals who don't tow like weekend warriors. Once they set it up for a season on a site, who cares about all that extra tongue weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:30 AM   #24

Jake

I have had my 2020 Jayco 34 RSBS for about 2 months, never could figure out why grey tank 1 would be the only tank filling. After reading the comments I see why. Thanks! Sure would be nice if owners manual specified that.
J&J Bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:49 PM   #25

Better call Macco, I mean Jayco

Send a email to service@jayco.com and ask them. I have emailed them twice in the past 2 weeks and had a reply with 2 days. Great response for me.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&J Bluejays View Post
I have had my 2020 Jayco 34 RSBS for about 2 months, never could figure out why grey tank 1 would be the only tank filling. After reading the comments I see why. Thanks! Sure would be nice if owners manual specified that.
Dealer should have explained it when they did the walk through/PDI. Owner's manuals are not model specific, many items are "if so equipped".
Old 03-26-2022, 04:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbeavers View Post
This camper has been nothing but a burden. so far my slide out has gone bad "schwintek". my shower leaks my burner wasnt connected to the lp line correctly causing a blow out under the stove, and the rubber seal under my slide looks as if a two year old put it on it has waves all the way across which lets bugs in and finally my grey#1 tank is all the way in the front of my camper under my closet in the master bedroom and doesnt seem to do anything.. Sorry for the rant but im at such a loss with this and these are not even all the issues just the biggest ones so far! i hope this tank has some purpose other than just taking up space.
Our camper is set up for washer and drier in the bedroom closet. I'm trying to find out if I can make tank 2 back flow into tank 1.
Felbtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:05 PM   #28

Can you share the schimatic?
Felbtr is offline   Reply With Quote