Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpayne74 View Post
Any pics of your install of the Furrion Studiovette? I am still needing to install mine and was curious of where you added.. PM me if needed so I don't mess with your original thread.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It was extremely straight forward. I do recommend getting an electrical hook tool or maybe a metal hanger will do just fine with some finesse.. You need that to pull all the wires out of the hole behind the taillight in order to connect to the camera. There's an extra black wire in there. That's what you're looking for. You will also need to splice into the white wire. Make sure you drill a hole at least 2 inches below the light fixture as per the Furions manuals instructions. I believe that's for better reception and also for better night vision. I bought automotive grade silicone from Walmart. Small tube was $4 as per Duke's original post. I also put some in all the holes I drilled and for putting back the taillight.
I was going to hardwire the 12v for the LCD into my Durango but it was a bit complex so I jus went into dash and tucked all wires away for a neat finished look. I will need to purchase a 2nd 12v adapter for the trailer but I can't see myself using it to look out back when we are inside.
Any other questions feel free to ask when you are installing. I didn't take many pics I'm sorry it was like 100 degrees here. Will post what I have shortly.

___
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
It was extremely straight forward. I do recommend getting an electrical hook tool or maybe a metal hanger will do just fine with some finesse.. You need that to pull all the wires out of the hole behind the taillight in order to connect to the camera. There's an extra black wire in there. That's what you're looking for. You will also need to splice into the white wire. Make sure you drill a hole at least 2 inches below the light fixture as per the Furions manuals instructions. I believe that's for better reception and also for better night vision. I bought automotive grade silicone from Walmart. Small tube was $4 as per Duke's original post. I also put some in all the holes I drilled and for putting back the taillight.
I was going to hardwire the 12v for the LCD into my Durango but it was a bit complex so I jus went into dash and tucked all wires away for a neat finished look. I will need to purchase a 2nd 12v adapter for the trailer but I can't see myself using it to look out back when we are inside.
Any other questions feel free to ask when you are installing. I didn't take many pics I'm sorry it was like 100 degrees here. Will post what I have shortly.

___
No worries on the pics.. Your details are helpful... Did you drill the hole on top of the corrigated metal ridge or down in the valley so speak?

mbpayne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #23

Quote:
No worries on the pics.. Your details are helpful... Did you drill the hole on top of the corrigated metal ridge or down in the valley so speak?

Definitely in the valley so that the camera can sit flush inside between the ridges. I should have taken a pic right before mounting. I just got back from checking the 2nd LCD since the first was dead. I suggest you check the LCD before mounting the camera just to make sure you got image. Now that I'm thinking back I might have fried the screen. Lol. Make sure the power to the Jay is disconnected when you make the final connections. would connect everything only once you have finished. I believe that's where I went wrong. It was Soo hot even in the shade. About 30 minutes into the install I just couldn't think too clearly but luckily all the holes and everything were already done!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Definitely in the valley so that the camera can sit flush inside between the ridges. I should have taken a pic right before mounting. I just got back from checking the 2nd LCD since the first was dead. I suggest you check the LCD before mounting the camera just to make sure you got image. Now that I'm thinking back I might have fried the screen. Lol. Make sure the power to the Jay is disconnected when you make the final connections. would connect everything only once you have finished. I believe that's where I went wrong. It was Soo hot even in the shade. About 30 minutes into the install I just couldn't think too clearly but luckily all the holes and everything were already done!

I see you added pics but I can't see them... How does the large surround mount that comes with the furrion camera sit flush on the metal... It seems as though it is bigger than the valley width or do you not use the dome shaped mount to install on the aluminum? Thanks again.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #25

Quote:
I see you added pics but I can't see them... How does the large surround mount that comes with the furrion camera sit flush on the metal... It seems as though it is bigger than the valley width or do you not use the dome shaped mount to install on the aluminum? Thanks again.

Pics just showed up... Don't know why they did not originally show..

Old 06-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #26

Quote:

It fits. I had no issues. I will take some close-ups next time I'm at my storage place later in the week if you don't plan on installing it right away. I'm gonna do the battery switch next time I'm there.

How did you make out with the leak?

Old 06-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo303 View Post
Here is the mount opened and closed. Bbq not mounted as it is in a box in my basement. Attachment 32266Attachment 32267

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
OP, Just FYI, My 2016 factory mount is not like this, its a welded receiver on the bumper, the grill came with an approximately 4 foot long straight bar that goes into it and the grill mounts on. it works for us, is right by the outdoor kitchen, but not real useful when traveling if you want to stop and grill something quick. It cannot be folded away, it must be completely removed and put in the TV or the trailer. I don't have a picture of my own, but this one is identical. A fold away is on my list of things I would like to do.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #28

Quote:
It fits. I had no issues. I will take some close-ups next time I'm at my storage place later in the week if you don't plan on installing it right away. I'm gonna do the battery switch next time I'm there.

How did you make out with the leak?

I called the dealership and mine is also needing the ceiling lights recalled so they asked if we could wait to schedule until all the lights came in so they could start as soon as I delivered. Made sense.... Anyway I went through another set of storms but made sure the level of the trailer was much better. (The first set of storms when the leak occurred I was off level by a couple of inches). Strangely enough with the 2nd set of storms I did not have a leak... Not sure if the angle or how hard it was blowing caused it to have the issue or what... Either way once all the items are in stock at the dealer I will be able to take it in and get it addressed at that time. When that will be is the big question? ..
Not in a super hurry to get installed as we won't be able to take it back out for a couple of weeks it looks like.