Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2018, 08:43 PM   #21

Thanks for sharing your story. Unfortunately my trailer just started leaking in the front left bottom corner. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours? I feel like mine must be coming in at the corner. Thanks for your time.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:03 PM   #22

Front and rear cap seams are common areas. So are light fixtures. Just because everything might look OK, caulk those front and back cap seams along w those taillights.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:25 PM   #23

Thanks

I will check those items and make sure to recall them. I ended up taking it in to a service provider to confirm where he leak was. I didn’t want to dig through too much paneling. I figure the professionals have better methods. I have not been impressed with the underbelly if this trailer either. I feel like rain leaks in every time I trailer it in wet conditions. Definitely a fair weather camper!
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:22 AM   #24

There are so many places it can leak. My previous trailer had a leak that I could not find for months. I took to tent tarping it as I have a seasonal site and the trailer only moves 2 times a year. Finally found the leak while taking the tarp down at the end of the season. Trailer was 15 years old. Decided on a new Jayco.
Kravchenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:14 PM   #25

Leaks

Start backing out the top screw to check for rust on the screw stem. When you get to the 1st one with rust that will be suspect. Make sure the caulk on either side of the track is in tack. Believe me you can't over caulk a TT.

I have had more problems with leaks on my JFlight G-2 than I care to remember. My unit is a 2009 and in 2012 Jayco rebuilt the front end structure due to concealed water intrusion. Replaced all the struts and all new metal plus one piece from the front corner back to the slide out. I dropped it off at the factory in IN. It turned out to be a good experience as Jayco did it on their nickle as they could see it had been leaking since it left the factory.

Concealed water leaks can lead to extensive damage. Amazon sells a Moisture Meter for less than $20 bucks and it is worth every penny it cost.

My unit is exposed to the elements 24/7.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote