Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #1

Jayco 24fbs owner reviews

Hello new poster here. DW and I are researching trailers and have been looking hard at this model. We had pretty much made up our minds this was the trailer we wanted but I am at the point of 2nd guessing myself. My question to owners is how is the interior space when you are cooped up due to weather? I know you have the small couch for seating but it seems it would get pretty tight after awhile. I wanted this model because I didn't really want to tow anything any longer. We also looked at the 27rls (previously 26rls) and like it also. The 2 recliners and couch give you additional seating and the separate bedroom would also be a nice option. I don't see us staying in the unit over one week at a time and my tow vehicle will handle either trailer with no problem. Thanks for any input and advice ahead of time.
gowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #2

I know the feeling of being closed in and I can tell you feel the same way. Well it won't get better with time or WEATHER and it took me more than a year before I found what was just right for me as far as (space) goes. Weight was a factor for me so I found a Hybrid that fit me just perfect. The moment I walked in I said " this is it" and bought it on the spot.
You would do better with a wider slide that includes the dinette like mine which gives you more visible floor and area space. I couldn't stay in one even by myself if it didn't have the slide. There's another brand that had a great floor plan weight was a factor and it was by Hartland , I'll find it and post the name shortly. Anyway this is my interior and this space is good for for me if I'm in there any length of time. This is a 2010EXP21M. We never bump into each other.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 PM   #3

Found it for ya and this is my fav, it's the Hartland Wilderness WD-2750RL. Their web site for this model has a photo gallery with 30 pics just of the interior. Just take a look at that rear picture window and I know sooo many places where this would be perfect viewing for me or you. How about this one in Brookings , Or. At Harris Beach SP .
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #4

My DW And I just got back from a 108 day trip in our 2011 Jayco Jay flight 24fbs.
We loved it! Pulled it with a Ford F150 Echo-Boost. Climbed the continental divide several times, it is a good fit.
About being cramped, it's tight but not so tight as to take away from the whole experience of traveling the county. The couch is ok for one, the other sets in the dinnete for tv watching. We've had several times that we've had 4 people in the camper without too much trouble. Hope this helps, I would buy this trailer again with no reservation!
snookwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #5

Hey gowest....my wife and I looked at many Jayco models and other brands too but found the 24FBS and Jayco to be best for us. We bought ours in Jan 2014 and have camped in it 8 times for 29 nites. We have no cramped feelings at all even when weather kept us inside for 4 days. The rv has everything you will need even for extended camping. We both sit on the couch to watch TV. I have done several mods to express our needs such as a BR TV, vent cover, x-chocks, bug vent covers, hot water heater drain extension, outside door motion lite, all to LEDs inside, extra shelf and cubby hole above TV, electric hitch jack cover, range cover, Jack digital antenna, locking battery straps,locked propane tanks, etc. Nothing major but I'm not the handiest guy in the world either. This forum will give you tons of ideas to modify. I use 10,000 lb Equalizer hitch and my F150 hardly knows the RV is there. No anti sway at all even in very high southwest winds. We love ours and have no regrets. Have had 2 adults, 2 grandkids and our dog for 4 days and it was fine. It's also very easy to back into a CG space as it's only 27', that is after I got my DW trained...LOL. Good luck and happy RVing.
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #6

We have the 248RBS which is the 2014 model, we love it. We find the trailer very roomy. We came form a 185RB so to us this is heaven. As for the sofa, the 3 of us are comfortable on it, it is just the wife, dog and myself.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #7

We have a 2014 24FBS and took it on a four week trip this summer. Pulled it with our F150, up and down the Alaska Highway and through Banff. Truck handled the trailer just fine and I do like that it isn't too long!

There was just the two of us and our Golden Retriever and for the most part, it was enough room. We both sat on the couch to watch DVDs in the evenings and I also put a small foot stool inside to make it more comfortable. This footstool doubles as some extra storage space.

We've also taken it out for several weekend trips. Thus far, we are enjoying it, but like all units, it has its pros and cons. Below is a link to my post about our thoughts on the trailer.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21018

PS: The part about the bed, well, the RV queen length is mainly a problem for hubby who is 6'4. It's fine for me!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #8

Just bought a 24fbs. Had a 23' Airstream but too small for the two of us. Love the floor plan after looking at so many. We also did not want the long length. Get to pick it up the first week of September.
silverark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #9

Thanks to all of you for the replies. It helps to see so many of you are happy with your choice. Another question I have is do any of you have the filon sides on your jay flight and if so how are they holding up?
Old 08-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #10

Is filon sides that luminex fiberglass siding?
I have the aluminum siding which I prefer. It doesn't have laminate problems, it's relatively easy to replace a panel, and it's less expensive.
My last trailer had it with delamination issues but it was sure easier to clean and wax.
Happy RVing
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #11

Yes the filon is the fiberglass sides. The unit we have been looking at has the fiberglass sides. I would prefer the aluminum due to the delamination issues I have read about but there are not of units in our area available.