Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
OP seems like a Troll to me. First post bashes Jayco for nothing that is even under their control. Stated they "seemed" happy that he was out of warranty. OP hasn't been back since for any follow up since...
My thought too.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:27 AM   #22

Assuming you aren't a troll, I have several questions.
1) What broke about the fridge? Are you smelling ammonia?
If so, the tubing has failed, and the fridge is truly dead. Is it just an electrical connection? If so, fix the electrical connection and the fridge will work again. Does it not work on gas? If so, maybe the gas outlet is plugged. Clean it and it will work again. 2) How have you treated the fridge. Do you run it in an off balance manner? 3) Why is the Jayco warranty in question? The Fridge (most likely a Norcold) isn't built by Jayco, and is not warrantied by Jayco. Only the parts of the trailer built by Jayco are warrantied by Jayco. 4) Did you contact Norcold? They warrantied the fridge.

You are most likely a troll, maybe someone in the employ of another trailer manufacturer, who is trying to stir up trouble.

If you are legit, then remember this. There are no other RV manufacturers that will warranty the appliances, frames, etc that are bought from the outside to be used in the construction of the RV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demlsm View Post
Just gotta vent ! We bought our brand new Jayco in 2015 and the fridge is broke. We just happen to be 6 months out of warranty. But dang ! The fridge did not even last 3 years. It's not about the money but definitely the principle..I called customer service and they seemed to be happy because we were 6 months out ! go figure. We will never buy another Jayco again...You all have a great day and happy camping.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Closed Thread