Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #1

Jayco Eagle

Proud owner of a Eagle 324 BHDS travel trailor, new to the forum but a "camping pro". I've had everything...Class C, Class A, 5th Wheel and now the Eagle. Hoping to help other Eagle owners that need help in here.

Phil
ptodd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum.
Looking forward to learning from your experiences!

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #3

Good to have you on, looking forward to your posts. You will find this a good group of people.

Jim
Priscilla, best friend & navigator.
Hank (5 year old black & tan Dachshund)
Cocoa (3 year old brown & tan dapple Dachshund)
2010 Fleetwood Excursion 30a
Toad is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X
(We traded in our F250 and Jayco Eagle)
One Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #4

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Phil! There are lotsa Eagle owners here also. Come back and participate often!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to reading your posts as they appear. From what you say I’m sure some will benefit from your expertise along the way.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #6

Unhappy

As far as the Eagle goes, had a little trouble "un-wintering" the water heater until I figured out it had 3 valves....the top one and bottom should be open and the middle one closed for the hottest water. The middle one can be opened slighty to cool the water down a bit. And as far as setting it up I got myself a 1/2 inch cordless drill for those jacks. Love the electric awning except when it rains the water drips the entire length of the awning. I tried anchoring down one end of it but that didnt work.

I do have a question...anyone else have AC drip water going to the front instead of the back?..Ive tried jacking up the front some but it still wants to drip upfront.
ptodd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #7

Welcome to the forum from another Eagle owner.
wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #8

Thanks for all the welcomes!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #9

I've got a 324BHDS too! We love ours and can't wait to take it camping. We usually just get away for weekends, but we do love the longer stays too!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #10

I have a new 2010 324 BHDS and while I like the unit I am not that impressed with some of the workmanship. The battery wiring is poorly done and not weather proof so I re-did it. The junction box under the front between the A frame members fell off because the screws were over tightened & the heads snapped off. The TV swivel bracket screws were overtighten and pulled the threaded brackets in the tv apart. I had to take the TV apart to fix the brackets. The pump mounting brackets had one of the screws tightened down right through the rubber mount. My impression is that a lot of the installation is rushed. Plumbing and electrical lines in general were just run any old way without thought as to a how things fit together. I have very loud pump sound & water hammer in the lines which is contributed to by the way the lines have been run through the various cabinet panels. This I am going to fix with some pipe insulation spacers, a new quieter pump and ac***ulator. These are small things but they are all over the trailer and spoil what is a pretty good unit. I opened a cabinet yesterday and found an electric line running through a hole that had been drilled so fast and roughly there were 11/2" splinters Around the hole waiting to drive themselves into someones hand. This is just careless by workmen but should have been picked up in quality control.
This is a bit of a rant but there are a lot of things I need to fix on a brand new unit. I could take it back under warranty but then that is such a hassle unless the dealer is right close by so I will just get on and fix them. I just find it so annoying when good materials and components are just thrown together.
RobCYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCYoung View Post
I have a new 2010 324 BHDS and while I like the unit I am not that impressed with some of the workmanship. The battery wiring is poorly done and not weather proof so I re-did it. The junction box under the front between the A frame members fell off because the screws were over tightened & the heads snapped off. The TV swivel bracket screws were overtighten and pulled the threaded brackets in the tv apart. I had to take the TV apart to fix the brackets. The pump mounting brackets had one of the screws tightened down right through the rubber mount. My impression is that a lot of the installation is rushed. Plumbing and electrical lines in general were just run any old way without thought as to a how things fit together. I have very loud pump sound & water hammer in the lines which is contributed to by the way the lines have been run through the various cabinet panels. This I am going to fix with some pipe insulation spacers, a new quieter pump and ac***ulator. These are small things but they are all over the trailer and spoil what is a pretty good unit. I opened a cabinet yesterday and found an electric line running through a hole that had been drilled so fast and roughly there were 11/2" splinters Around the hole waiting to drive themselves into someones hand. This is just careless by workmen but should have been picked up in quality control.
This is a bit of a rant but there are a lot of things I need to fix on a brand new unit. I could take it back under warranty but then that is such a hassle unless the dealer is right close by so I will just get on and fix them. I just find it so annoying when good materials and components are just thrown together.
Wow Rob, sounds like although you had a rough start with your new Jayco Glad you are able to fix the problems yourself. Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #12

We have a 304BHDS and this is a list of all the things we had to have done and re-done to our Eagle;

and I had to wash it after I drove it in the rain.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #13

I have had my 32BHDS for a month now and have camped in her twice. Only problem I had was a small knot in one of the blind strings. I spent an hour after my PDI inspecting behind drawers, in closets, underneath and on top the roof. No quality issues except the blind knot. I was swayed to Jayco for their quality build and design layouts.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #14

I also get the loud fresh water pump noise throughout the trailer. I took it to the dealer once and they said they rerouted some of the water lines that were crossed but I still hear the noise just as loud as before. I understand there will be some noise from the electric motor and pump but I can almost feel it pulsating throughout. All my boats had similiar water set ups with much less noise, more of a whrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCYoung View Post
rowekmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #15

To fix the pump issue I am using insulation line separators and new Shurflo 5.7 pump with ac***ulator and the Shurflo silencing kit. I will post how well it all works to silence the after I get it install & test it. I have been installing a Xantrex inverter this weekend.
RobCYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #16

I have to admit, there are some 'little' things on the quality of ours, as well. You can see that while they've tried to keep the Quality Control at a high, it's really the workers on the floor that make the difference.

Same thing - some drill holes poorly done, wiring could have been neater etc. etc... I have a skylight over the shower that I have to take apart and clean because there's so much dirt/sawdust from the factory sandwiched between the sea ms it bugs me everytime I look at it!

For the water pump ... I found a quick fix for a good portion of the noise on my last TT, which was REALLY poorly put together - For some reason the water pipes are these hard plastic pipes which vibrate like mad whenever the pump was on. I cut out a 6 inch flex pipe made of really pliable plastic and spliced it between the hard plastic pipe and the pump (acted like a shock absorber). Funny, though, the worst rattle I couldn't fix was in the tub (the little pull in the faucet for the shower) which would dance like a stripper whenever the water was on. I eventually just took a rubber band, wrapped it around the faucet to hold it down!

The water-pump noise always seems to be an issue. One thing I've noticed no one really talks about is the heater...we camp well into the fall season (right up to hallowe'en) and need the heater when it drops near freezing. At night, the darn thing sounds like an aeroplane testing its engines! Time for these companies to come up with a better furnace, I think!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #17

Happy new owners of a Eagle 317RLOK. It's a 2020, we have only taken it out for one short night near home so far. Our first real trip will be this weekend. We are headed up to the Tetons for a few nights. So far, everything has been working as it should. No issues, other than the outdoor speakers seem to be very faint. Still working on that one. But overall, we are super excited about our new Eagle.
RFactor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:28 PM   #18

Eagle HT Fifth Wheel Landing Gear Issue

Landing gear switch quit working. Operates only with remote, anyone else had this?
Lindaks is offline   Reply With Quote