Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #1

Jayco Eagle Sealant questions

I've recently had some driving rain here in the panhandle of Texas and discovered a couple of areas that need to be looked at:

Point A: is in one of the slides at the skylight, it seems to be sealed with some sort of whitish looking sealant tape, would I want to seal around the tape with silicone, take the tape off and reseal with silicone, take the tape off and reseal with new tape?

Point B: is on the side of the trailer at the floor height. There is a trim strip along the bottom where the trailer composite side and the metal flashing trim strip along the bottom meet. This trim strip has expanded at a different rate than the composite sides and pulled away from the side. In heavy rains water leaks in right at the floor boards. Do I clean off existing silicone and refill with new? Do I do something to try to keep this from buckling away from the side? The strip is currently sealed with a silicone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The first picture shows a close up of the trim strip just below the heater, the second picture shows the area where the leak is just uner the outdoor receptacle, you can see the slight ripple in the trim strip.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150311_191530274_HDR.jpg   IMG_20150703_164355558.jpg  
gratefulbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #2

You don't want to use silicone on your RV. I would check with Jayco to be sure but I think Dicor sealant around your sky light and Proflex to seal your trim piece would work
Old 07-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #3

Dicor ultra self levelling for roof as you will have a tpo roof. it is expensive....my dealer also recommended quad sealant by lepage. Where did you get your furnace exhaust cover?
Old 07-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

I looked at all the camco covers, and had issues with the sizes. I could go for the little round ones, but the louvers would have been left exposed, and the camco rectangular ones wouldn't quite fit around the heater. I finally found this one on amazon. It wasn't easy to attach with the springs, but I eventually got the springs hooked onto back of the louver, and the rest was pretty easy.
gratefulbruce is offline   Reply With Quote