Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #1

Jayco Flight 22 FB

Getting ready to buy my first trailer after selling my Class C. I have looked at a lot of different trailers, read different forums, talked to different people currently on the road so I have some idea what I am looking for in a trailer.

As ALL different owner's forums have, pros and cons, I have joined this forum to see what owners think of their trailers and the Jayco brand. A friend highly recommends Jayco as he is in his 7th year of full timing.

I am currently considering a used Jayco Flight 22 FB. The trailer is a couple of years old, condition looks good based on their photos and the price is right. It is not in a location where I can drive over and take a look at it. I'll be traveling solo and like the 22FB floor plan as well as the exterior length of the trailer. I don't want to go much more than 24'-26' in length.

What can you tell about about this model for those that have used the trailer in the past or currently camp in one.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to JOF

Like any used RV, a detailed interior/exterior inspection looking for signs of moisture damage (water stains, delamination, etc.) is always at the top of my list. Open all cabinets, closets, access panels, outside storage areas, etc.. Also, make sure the owner has a ladder so that you can inspect the roof, if he doesn't take one with you.

Take a nice bright flashlight!

Hope this helps.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #3

We bought a new 22FB in 2012. Although we haven't used it a lot, it has been a very good TT for us. We have taken 2 of our grand kids, 14 & 12 on a couple of trips and had plenty of room.

The only issue that I have had is the appearance of some peaks appearing under the roof. Since unit is still under warranty I took the TT back to the dealer and was told that this condition is "normal" as Jayco does not remove all the trash from the roof before applying the rubber roof material. Really??

Unless the roof is punctured by the underlying material while it is still under warranty, Jayco won't repair and since warranty ends at the end of July, I guess it will become my problem.

Not happy about that issue, but overall we are pleased with the 22FB.
NewCamperOldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:59 AM   #4

We had a 22FB and used it for a couple of years and we liked it a lot. For its size, it's well laid out with a nice bathroom in the rear and plenty of storage. Ours was a 2010 model which we bought used although it looked like a new one when we picked it up in 2011. Kitchen and dinette layout was good and it seemed roomy enough, even without any slides. The bed was a queen short so if you're a tall person, you might find that a little bit annoying. I'm 5'10" and it wasn't an issue for me. The 22FB has a lot of receptacles for plugging stuff in and they're in logical, well thought out positions. Frig, microwave, stove, sink, etc. are all good size and work well. I found the only downside was the relatively small grey water tank which would last us about three days if we were careful with showers, washing dishes, etc. A blue boy is a necessity for longer stays but it takes care of the problem.

If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #5

We have a starcraft 235fb which is a twin to the Jayco 22fb (Jayco owns Starcraft).
We like the 90 gallon FW tank, but as others have said, it could use a larger grey water tank, but it hasn't been too much of a problem.
The battery holder on the tongue is big enough to accommodate 2 6 volts, which we did add. The twin 30 pound propane tanks are nice. Good layout of galley and bathroom. We added some hanging wire baskets beneath the kitchen cabinets for extra storage. Also added a shelf unit just inside the door (against the back of the dinette seat) for more storage. A closetmaid shelf in alder color is a near exact match for Jayco's cabinets. http://store.closetmaid.com/webapp/w...roductId=10526

We have the two of us using the camper and it suits us very well. Big enough, but not too long. Can still get into smaller sites in state parks, etc. and the price was very reasonable when we bought it new in 2011.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #6

We have a 2011 Jayflight 23 FB which is nearly identical to the 22 FB. We are very satisfied with it. I think what sold us on it was the fit and finish, the cabinetry and the various extras it has. We have used it two years and except for a minor Atwood stove issue, we are very satisfied.
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 400 ATV and Yamaha 2000 watt Genny
Me/retired insurance claims and DW/retired RN.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."-Red Green
dougfir1 is offline   Reply With Quote