Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #1

Jayco Jay Flight SLX 2015 Baja Edition

Truly enjoying this new little Travel Trailer. Baja edition has it's advantages.

KTVStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #2

Thanks for the video. Enjoyed it. Great spot you scored at the lake.

Tuckerdog1
You live and learn, or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:26 PM   #3

Hi KTVStriker, I saw your video on Youtube, it looked like a great trip. I have (on order) the same trailer except the 2017 version, but I also have the same truck. What was the amount of rise you had to add to your hitch to keep the trailer level? I am in the middle of researching what ball mount to get. Also are you using any anit-sway or weight distribution with your setup?
Mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:29 AM   #4

2017 Jayco Jay Flight Baja Addition

Mudd,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know the amount of rise that was added the dealership installed it and I have not measured it or had the need to measure it. I do have a weight distribution hitch. I have the trailer in my storage lot or I would take a picture for you. Probably should have done that for the video.

I see the 2017 models went to a 25 gallon propane tank which is smart. The weight of the 30lb propane tank that came with my model busted through the holding brackets because of the weight and the friction caused by the heavy canister bouncing up and down on two small metal brackets. Almost had my tank bouncing down the highway. Jayco covered the repair of the bracket, God bless the 2yr warranty. Ensure you pull on all the interior moldings and finishes to verify they are not loose or coming off. I have had several issues with the aesthetics of the interior coming off for no reason but that is all covered and I have been able to get them all fixed. The wife and I love this little trailer. I will tell you the size has its benefits, I have been detoured through major city's off the main highway due to construction and would have been doomed with a bigger trailer. But this little trailer weaves through inner city detours with no issues and can U-turn on a dime, O.K. maybe a quarter but it has allowed me to get out of some tight spots. Also going into raised driveways at shopping centers or residential housing areas, the ground clearance in phenomenal if you got the Baja Edition . Have fun...

KTV Striker
Old 10-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #5

KTVStriker, thanks for the response and information. We did get the Baja Edition as well. We got to some remote places every year and needed the extra clearance for some small creek crossings (hopefully it will hold up).
Mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:17 PM   #6

Hello, I just picked up a 2017 212 SLX BAJA. Is this the right place to ask if anyone else has one of these? Looking for advice on boondocking.

Thanks, Dave.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #7

Secret Cove

No, don't own one but you should really enjoy the ground clearance. I have boondocked plenty of times but I have a 4000 Kilowatt generator for electrical; just added a second battery in parallel to increase my DC time. My Jayco Baja has some pretty small holding tanks so it doesn't take long for them to fill up which makes it kinda a pain.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #8

Thanks for your reply. We have pretty big tanks IMO. Only have a 2000 Honda and 2 12volts.

Considering a Li-ion battery/solar thing.

Dave.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote