Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #1

Jayco LP quick connect for grill

Hello All!!! We have a 2016 Jayco 28 BHBE travel trailer. It has a LP quick connect already installed for use with a grill. The fitting that I got from Camping World does not fit,, I can only assume that this is because their fitting is not a MR. Heater fitting like I got from Camping World. Does anyone know which brand it would be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all and HAPPY CAMPING.
ValenciaFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #2
Site Team

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...nections+grill

Check out this thread.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #3

I had the same issue...it was easiest to replace the QD on the TT and install a new one, with more standard fittings. I wrote Jayco asking what brand they used, and they wrote back saying I didn't order the grill so didn't get the hose....well duh... I wrote them back thanking them for an answer to a question I never asked. Bottom line what they use is not a standard fitting typically available.

Good Luck

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #4

What I did

I was able to buy the male end at the jayco dealer and took it to the local propane dealership where they built the hose, to whatever length you want. I think that cost about $12. The fitting at the rv dealer was probablt almost that too.
My rv came with the bbq but I wanted to modify my bbq to use. Was able to get the correct fittins and a 6' hose.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #5

Wasn't able to find a hose specifically for this, but based on our experience with our pup, I really wanted to keep using our Coleman Road Trip grill.

I decided to buy a T splitter (Camco) that connects to one of your tanks prior to the regulator and about 20 feet of hose with a ThrowAway connector at the other end. We can keep the grill well away from the TT and the awning this way. I don't really like my grill too close to the TT especially with the tenting on a hybrid.

Still looking for an outdoor stove to mount to the side rail like we had on the pup. That will use the QC connection.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #6

I bought the trailer AND male connector from the same Camping World store. Didn't fit!

I was told by a tech that the nose on the new fitting was too long.

Under the heading of "Don't Try This At Home", I ground off 1/4" of the nose of the fitting. Careful Testing shows a leak free connection. I'll be using the setup next year too!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #7

Not 100% sure but I think the quick disconnect fitting used on LP and on natural gas are of differing sizes so you don't connect the wrong appliance to the wrong gas type.

I also think the high pressure and low pressure quick connects are different too. I believe Mr Heater uses high pressure and the fitting on your trailer is probably low pressure.

Here's a little info

http://www.propaneproducts.com/catal...tors-39-1.html
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:34 PM   #8

I have the same trailer and had the same issue.

If you walk into American Propane; 1509 Exchange Ave, OKC and tell them what you want to do, they will make you what you want.

I gave them $50 for a custom made hose with quick connects. They knew exactly what I needed. They only asked me how long of a hose I wanted.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #9

Is this something like this you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

Don't have the trailer and Weber grill yet, but trying to prepare a list of the stuff to buy.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Wasn't able to find a hose specifically for this, but based on our experience with our pup, I really wanted to keep using our Coleman Road Trip grill.

I decided to buy a T splitter (Camco) that connects to one of your tanks prior to the regulator and about 20 feet of hose with a ThrowAway connector at the other end. We can keep the grill well away from the TT and the awning this way. I don't really like my grill too close to the TT especially with the tenting on a hybrid.

Still looking for an outdoor stove to mount to the side rail like we had on the pup. That will use the QC connection.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #10

Check this hose and see if it fit you needs, MB Sturgis 120" Quick Connect to 1lb Bottle Hose.
http://www.dyersonline.com/mb-sturgi...BocaAvco8P8HAQ
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #11

We spent 2 hours and 45$ at Lowes to get our Coleman Road Trip XLE to work.We love it now.
pmames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #12

Found It!!!!

Ok,, so I took the female quick connect fitting off of our TT. I then took it to American Propane in OKC. They said that they could not get the one from the manufacturer of the fittings for some stupid reason. Cecil then spent about 5 minutes looking thru their stock and found a male quick connect fitting that worked great. I am now ready to grill!!!! and it was only $6. yeah!!

Oh and by the way

2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition
2016 Jayco 28BHBE
ValenciaFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #13

I bought a matched set of low pressure fittings and 15' of hose from a local LP dealer. They built the hose with the male on one end and a fitting that screwed on to my BBQ. I had to change female valve on the RV. The female valve has a ball valve on it so I get a positive off position for the propane. I never had any luck getting a fitting that worked on the RV from a RV parts store.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:44 AM   #14

Ours was not the quick disconnect, that was easy fix. A QD hose in the grill isle. Coleman has a proprietary thread on their one lb grill and regulator. We had to piece together fittings to get the Coleman to work.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #15

I too also have a Coleman Road Trip and I'm trying to figure out how to get it connected to my quick connect. What parts did you use? Did modify the Coleman regulator?
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:10 AM   #16

On my Road Trip, I used another regulator from an old Coleman grill I used to have to hook up to the Jayco quick connect. I just took the regulator off the Coleman grill adapter, drilled and tapped it for a 1/8th pipe thread and screwed a nipple and fitting in it. Cost a few bucks and i still have the other regulator to use the 1lb bottles if I ever want. I also bought a 50' hose so I can put the grill anywhere I want.

Picture of tapped Coleman fitting.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Is this something like this you are referring to?

Amazon.com: Camco 59133 Brass 90 Tee with 3 ports: Automotive

Don't have the trailer and Weber grill yet, but trying to prepare a list of the stuff to buy.

thanks
Pretty much, but it is a straight connector rather than a 90 and a longer hose. For some reason there appear to be more options on amazon.ca than I can get to come up on amazon.com (strange - American site always has more options!) Basically it is the Camco 59103, but the hose is longer.

But this does not use the QC at all, provides full pressure to the Coleman through the throwaway (1lb) connector. The QC will provide reduced (regulated) pressure to the grill; not sure if this would cause any performance issues with the grill? I like it because the grill is away from the TT and the awning.

Reading along here though it does give me some good ideas about how I can rig up an outdoor stove to put on the side rail. Next summer's project will be to rig a shelf to fit the rail, cut away a section and then add the same stove and heat shield cover that gets used on the pup in/out models. I like this, because I can make the wings a bit wider which was a problem with our pup model.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOnFire View Post
I too also have a Coleman Road Trip and I'm trying to figure out how to get it connected to my quick connect. What parts did you use? Did modify the Coleman regulator?
We removed the brass fitting from the 1lb regulator grill connection took it to Lowes bought a 10 ft Charbroil quick disconnect hose , that fits into perfectly into the Jayco quick disconnect, and put together 4-5 brass fittings until were able we got the Coleman piece to fit. It wasn't cheap, but less expensive than a new grill and we really like the Coleman. I will take a picture when we get chance to get to the storage lot next weekend. There is a picture that looks similar to what we did in this thread, only ours is also connected to the hose..
The dryersonline link is not it. This allows 1lb cylinders to be used for the TT or something that uses the 20lb tank fittings.