Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2016, 08:31 PM   #31
I have the kitchen sky light and one in the slide as well. The one in the slide leaked slightly the first year in a heavy rain. Upon inspection I noticed that the slide roof holds quite a bit of water if your trailer is level and second the skylight is sealed with the di-cor sealing tape only. I used sealant all around the tape and it did the trick, no leak since. After or just before a heavy rain I will either raise or drop the tongue of the trailer so water does not accumulate on slides. I am considering getting slide top covers but that would kind of illminate the point of a skylight...

2015 Eagle 324bhts
tv. 2012 F-150 s/c lariat ecoboost 3.73 max tow
ecoboosteagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:09 AM   #32
Post skylight

I'm so glad that I got the skylight in my 2016 28 BHBE with Elite package, it also came with a sliding skylight shade which helps cut solar gain. I also have the 15K but air conditioners and it hasn't been a problem for us. Good luck with your decision, either way you are going to love it!

skiingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:17 AM   #33
We love the skylight, plenty of natural daylight. We prefer natural daylight as opposed to lights when at all possible.

In terms of the heat, there are VERY simple solutions for when its hot and you prefer the darker and cooler camper. We have a strip of Reflectix insulation that blocks out 95% of the light, then a piece of foam that we push into the skylight from the inside. That does at least as good a job of insulating the skylight as the factory insulation would have done.

That gives us the best of both worlds... natural daylight when we want it, effective insulation when we don't.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote