Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #11
Site Team
Welcome to the forum. After nearly 6 years no major issues and only a few minor ones. Never been back to a dealer for anything....

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:18 PM   #12
I did have multiple issues with my Whitehawk. Thermostat quit working, furnace worked sometimes, and a window came off the track and ended up being a major deal because it could not be gotten back on the track without a service. All of this happened in the first month. However I will say that Jayco was very good about working with me to get the issues resolved. It just seemed that I was never going to get everything in working order. Most recently the door under the dinette fell off and it was shoddily installed as the screws had been screwed into a crevice rather than something solid.

Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #13
Our Eagle only had one minor problem that needed fixed quickly. A Jayco dealer that I did not purchase from fixed it in warranty, a matter of a slight leak onto the hall floor when DW showered. Shower drain wasn't totally seated and her hundred pounds wasn't enough to seat it. It took a few moppings to realize she was the only one with the problem. I stopped at a non-Jayco dealer on I-40 just west of Albuquerque next to the CW. They did a quick repair for me because we were traveling. Non-warranty repair.

Overhearing a dealer owner say he'd never work on a "foreign" RV, I have asked a few dealers if they'd do warranty work for a unit they did not sell. Only two would, three or four would not. But you'll go to the end of the line, which can be weeks or months.

Just remembered worn brake electrical line worn through. Had a local horse trailer dealer make the repair and later called Jayco. Got a check for the repair within a short time, even without prearranging this deal.

Unit is over four years old and we've lived in it a total of about a year and a half. Picking it up Tuesday after its first semi-major fix - replaced shot converter.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #14
we took our new 2015Jay Flight 24 FBS camping for the first time labor Day weekend. I can say, we found nothing we do no like, and we had no issues or problems
2014 Hemi with tow package
2015 Jay Flight 24FBS
Woodstock GA.
pmames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #15
In two and a half years, we have only experienced minor issues that I resolved myself. I don't recall them all but one was a broken screen door latch (probably my kids fault) and a broken shower knob. I have never been back to the dealer for anything.
2013 26BH ghetto model w/ 4 plain rims and some rust
2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gasser

I have a fever...and the only cure is more camping!
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #16
Bought ours new in '13. The trailer has been back to the dealer once for a warranty repair. Two other items were covered under warranty, but I (happily) did the work myself. IMO Jayco is a quality product (relatively), but any warranty items are typically handled by the dealer, so shop the dealer hard.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #17
I've had 2 Designers and a Pinnacle. The first one I owned wasn't new, so it doesn't count. The second Designer I bought was a 2008 Designer (35 ft long 3 slide, don't remember the nomenclature). While it had issues Jayco was good about getting them fixed. I won't say it was trouble FREE........but most of the problems I had were from normal wear and tear.

My last trailer is a 2015 Pinnacle 36REQS. I bought it 3 June. And it has ISSUES. However, I won't go into them here, as, so far, while I haven't been able to take the trailer back to where I bought it for service (just too far to travel) I have taken it to a close Jayco dealer and have been satisfied with the work they've done so far (it's back in for more warranty work for different issues). I have been on the phone with Jayco's customer service, and they SEEM to be working to help me get my problems resolved. So right now I'm holding judgement and details of my problems, until some kind of resolution has been reached.

Would I warn you off a Jayco? No. I don't think I would. The ones I have had, mechanically, have been built like tanks, and have performed in very harsh weather most satisfactorily. HOWEVER. If you DO buy one, I wouldn't get too far from your dealer untill you've had some "shakedown" cruises close to home, so to speak. You're probably going to have some kind of issues. These are fairly complex systems, and a CERTAIN amount of bugs are probably normal.

Holding judgement

Gunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote