Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Jayco Whitehawk

Thinking of buying a new whitehawk 25BHS, does any body have a similar model, would like to know what the quality is like etc??

stuart0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
We have a Whitehawk 27DSLR and love it. We have been to several shows and can not find anything in or near it's class we like better.

I spent 6 hours during PDI and very few items. Now have a lot of time in it we are still happy.

Stormpod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
We too have the 27DSRL and have had little problems with it. The bunk house series just remember not to overload it with added things. Get it loaded with everything your taking on the trip have the TV also loaded and hit some CAT SCALES. Best $$$ I spent was to have this done so you know your weights. Remember, weight can be crucial. We thought about the bunkhouse but no kids, it would mean having extra space to add weight so we decided against it.
Jayco 2015 27DSRL Summit/Glacier
Toyota Tundra 2014 5.7L W/Tow Package
Jhnbggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
We purchased a 2016 Whitehawk 33 RSKS with all options at the end of last August 2015. We are very pleased with the camper so far. Had some minor issues that the dealer took care under warranty. Towed and handled real nice over 3800 miles towing TT so far.
2016 Jayco 33 RSKS
2015 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CTD 4x4 LB Dually, Husky centerline WDH.
Billyray56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
Welcome to the forum!!

The White Hawk we have is awesome. We love it. It's not the same floor plan you're looking at, but, we spent time looking at TT's over a year and fell in love with ours and the oversized bunk beds. We had a few minor issues and dealer repainted under warranty. Ready to de-winterize and head out for another season of traveling with the family. Good luck!!
Brian, Michelle and 2 boys
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7L
2015 Jayco White Hawk 33BHBS Summit Edition, Glacier Package
Equil-I-Zer WDH
Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #6

We've had our 28DSBH for 3 years and LOVE IT! We often go to RV shows but always leave knowing we didn't find anything that we liked better. You can't go wrong.
2014 Jayco Whitehawk Summit Edition 28 DSBH
2013 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab Ecoboost 3.55
Whitehawkmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:17 AM   #7
24 RBS 2014 , happy with it, very few defects all fixed by Jayco. I just dont like composite floor (sandwich) they should have stick with plywood, new one are plywwod I think
Jayco Whitehawk 24RBS 2014

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #8
We have a 2015 25BHS. Absolutely love it. Never had any issue with the quality. Different opinions and experiences from different places and different manufacturing times plague everything from automobiles, to trucks and trailers and motor homes.

However, once we saw the floor plan for the 2016 25BHS, we considered trading in. I really like the idea of the door off the bathroom on the street side. Though with having the sink on the island that door is a necessity if you want access to the bathroom or the back side of the TT while traveling.

Having the slide outs on both sides makes for a more appealing space once its all opened up, but again, it's a necessity with the island. The downside to this, is that we have noticed and been to a couple of RV sites where RV's park right next to each other and when everyone has slides opened, it can get ridiculous to walk around your rig (we usually avoid sites that require us to park immediately next to another RV).

Though we do prefer to boondock off the beaten path and away from RV parks whenever we can help it.
2015 White Hawk 25BHS Glacier Package
2004 Dodge Ram 2500, 5.7 Hemi, 5Spd Manual
2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Northface tent/Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH
Lance Cabover/Prowler TT/WildernessTT/Tiltin Hiltin Cabover/Starcraft popup
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
Yet another happy 27DSRL owner here. Zero complaints so far! Didn't know about the sandwich floor concerns when we purchased in Aug of 2015, but ours is a 2016 model which I have heard are plywood. It's one of the things on my list to look into for confirmation when it comes out of winter storage.
Ode to the Forum Moderators

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
We purchased a 2016 Whitehawk 25BHS in August. It is our first experience with a travel trailer after years of pop-up camping. To us this is like staying in a Holiday Inn...we love it. We have one issue to be resolved under warranty in the spring which is the replacement of on of the speakers which quit working. We have only had it out three times. The bed is comfy, the shower works well, furnace is not real loud, heats evenly and does not seem to use much propane. Plenty of storage and it tows nicely behind my '14 Silverado (5.3L, 3.42) but mileage drops to about 11mpg. Some of the switches are placed oddly ("back porch" light switch is on the main control console and not by the back door. I might go for the 28RBH just for a bit more seating space were I it do it again. Overall quality seems decent. So far we love it!

Brian D-J is offline   Reply With Quote