Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #1

JAYCO X213 -X26P Owners

Looking for a JAYCO X213 or X26P trailer owner that has their trailer parked at home that would give me a couple of inside measurements of the bunk room area of their trailer. It looks like the JAYCO X213 and X26P trailers have the same bunk-bed room arrangment.

I am in the thinking mode of what may be required to "mod" this room with a Radio/Computer/Office L-Desk arangement before purchasing this trailer.

Momabear is wanting to do some camping with some hard walls for a change as we have been tent camping from the early 60's and for the past 4-5 years tent trailer camping. If I have to come up with hard walls I want to make room for some of my toys... There is only the two of us camping now with an ocassional visit by grandkids who would rather sleep outside in a tent anyway...

My idea is to totally remove both upper and lower bunk beds which appear to be on hinges of some sort and can be removed. I have seen pictures of the bottom bunk bed hinged up at least.

Then I would install a small L-shaped desk with hutch shelves on the back of the desk only that would be facing the open access passage way inside the trailer hall way.. Then I would install a temp wall between the side of the L-shaped part of the desk giving me some storage space just inside the outside bicycle storage door (Maybe 24- inches deep) I saw one mod using pegboard walls which looked kinda neat where you could hang up alot of things in this area.

I am thinking I have somewhere around 75-inches by 39-inches (which is the standard bunkbed size) of floorspace to work with. This is the area between the outside bicycle storage door and the shirt wardrobe.

Just wanted to verify this possible 75" x 39" floorspace dimension along with a couple of other item that are located in this area.

One item is what looks a 12" Deep by 24" high built-in ledge that runs the whole length of the trailer side of this room which I have no idea what the purpose of this ledge is for. I dont think there is an access door to this area at all. Some have said it is probably just a built-in passage way for propane hoses and wiring coming from the tongue area.

I would want to use email to swap some ideas back and forth as I can cut-n-paste photos much easier using email rather than posting pictures with web-based addresses.

Thanks...
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote