Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2017, 01:37 PM   #1

Jayflight slx 212QBW

Yesterday I picked up our new Jayflight 212QBW. We put a deposit on it a couple weeks ago and now its in our drive way. Cant wait for spring to get here. I towed it home 165 miles with now WDH and it towed pretty well. Next on the list is a WDH. The dealer wanted $900 for the best of Equal-i-zer brand. I found it on line for under $300. Wondering if there are any other suggestions for the WDH. I also need to get a sewer hose. What length should I get? The rhino Flex seems like a good one and it comes in 10, 15 and 20' lengths. I'm sure I'll think of other questions but that is it for now.

Kampfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer. For a WDH I really like my Blue Ox. You'll find some threads on here with other happy Blu Ox users as well. I believe my Rhino Flex sewer hose is 15' and I have an extra section but have never needed it.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

Congratulations. Great looking trailer.

I'm very happy with my Equal-i-zer brand WDH (1k,10k) I bought in 2006 and still use.

I have the RhinoFLEX 15' sewer kit and the RhinoFLEX 10' Sewer Hose Extension kit. Usually the 15' is enough, but once having the 10' extension along was priceless.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #4

I like that floor plan. I just wish it had a closet to hang coats in. If it did, I'd be looking very closely at it, or it's counterpart in the Jay Flight line, 21QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfire View Post
Yesterday I picked up our new Jayflight 212QBW. We put a deposit on it a couple weeks ago and now its in our drive way. Cant wait for spring to get here. I towed it home 165 miles with now WDH and it towed pretty well. Next on the list is a WDH. The dealer wanted $900 for the best of Equal-i-zer brand. I found it on line for under $300. Wondering if there are any other suggestions for the WDH. I also need to get a sewer hose. What length should I get? The rhino Flex seems like a good one and it comes in 10, 15 and 20' lengths. I'm sure I'll think of other questions but that is it for now.

Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Congrats on the new trailer. For a WDH I really like my Blue Ox. You'll find some threads on here with other happy Blu Ox users as well. I believe my Rhino Flex sewer hose is 15' and I have an extra section but have never needed it.

Thanks for the info. I will look st the Blu Ox and add the 15 foot hose to amazon cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2017, 03:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Congratulations. Great looking trailer.

I'm very happy with my Equal-i-zer brand WDH (1k,10k) I bought in 2006 and still use.

I have the RhinoFLEX 15' sewer kit and the RhinoFLEX 10' Sewer Hose Extension kit. Usually the 15' is enough, but once having the 10' extension along was priceless.

Good call on the 10' extension. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #7

We have the same TT, have fun with it!
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #8

We will be looking at these at an RV Show this weekend. I know owners who have posted on here have only had theirs a short time, but I was curious how the trailers are doing as far as little warranty issues or things that you have noticed that could have been designed better.
tomnjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #9

I can see the proud new owners admiring their new Jayco (and one taking a photo of it).
Check the shadows!
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #10

For the sewer hose it never hurts to carry an extra. We carry two 15-foot hoses. We do the same with fresh water white hose. They're each 25 feet long. Plus we use a 25ft green garden hose for cleaning out the black tank with a wand. The Equalizer 4-point hitch is what we have and it makes towing much less stressful. Especially when the trucks go sailing by us. Have fun with your new trailer!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #11

Enjoy. We have the same floor plan.

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #12

Went to our local RV show yesterday and checked this trailer out. Took some measurements, checked out the build quality, sat in it for awhile to soak it all in. Seemed to be built fairly well. I did crawl around in the storage area. Noticed a couple of wood staples that weren't aimed well, but nothing major. The dinette seats do not have doors on the ends like the Flight version, but still can be accessed by lifting the cushions. Under the cushions are 1/4 inch plywood panels that IMO are too thin. I would replace these with 1/2 or 5/8 inch plywood. Also, the plywood under the mattress seemed to move around alot while lifting it up. I think I would try to somehow add hinges to the front and possibly a gas strut on each side. The TV nook above the dinette is pretty small. I was hoping for a 32 inch in that area. If I attach a 32 inch to a swing arm at the wall mounting point, it will cover the front of the nook. I figure a blue ray player can just be kept in the nook with room for movies and the TV will just have to be swung out of the way for access. The mattress was long enough for my vertically challenged height of 5'2" but it was a bit uncomfortable. I think I would replace it with a regular size queen. Maybe I can get a credit from the dealer to leave it off. There is room for the additional length but the walk around capability would be taken away. The bathroom was small as I expected but there is room enough inside to do everything that you need to do in there. Cabinets above the bed would be nice but the shelf is 18 inches deep and 5 feet wide, which provides alot of space for storage baskets that could hold folded clothing. Things I would want the dealer to add are a vent cover on the roof, a propane tank cover, and to upgrade the water and sewer hoses along with a black tank rinse fitting to attach to outlet side of the tank release.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:37 AM   #13

We have the same TT and love it, nice and light . I use the Equal-i-zer WDH,
and the 15 ft rino sewer hose. Only problem i had was the outside shower line was kinked by the valve box had to make a small hole to fix that. Other than that we love it
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #14

Those storage baskets on the shelf will probably need to be placed on the bed while moving. Not a big deal but a nuisance if you are on the road for a few days in a row.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #15

I should think a stretchable netting would be able to be attached up there to hold the storage baskets in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Those storage baskets on the shelf will probably need to be placed on the bed while moving. Not a big deal but a nuisance if you are on the road for a few days in a row.

Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #16

I was thinking of that netting, too. The edge of the shelf has a pretty good lip but I can still see some stuff bouncing off. I was also thinking we could add a valance curtain along the front to hide things on the shelf. If we attach two rods, one along the top and the other along the bottom, feed the rods through both top and bottom valance pockets, then it would keep things from falling off.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #17

This is one of the reasons why we opted to order the Jay Flight 21QB, for a reasonable increase in price, the 21QB had tweaks that we wanted on the perfect floor plan for our needs.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #18

we have a 212QBW 2016 model we purchased last July. we have been very happy with it, the floor plan was the clincher for DW and I. just us most of the time and 2, 4-5 year old grands occasionaly.
Have the 15 Rhino and ext hose no issues yet.
have had some warranty stuff done.
had panel on back wall under large rear window showing some separation.
had the stripping that holds down shower surround come loose.
we also after looking at some other units and some pics from some folks on here that we were missing a piece of panel on each side of the bed which left about a 4" gap on each side of the bed going straight to underneath storage. Our dealer fixed all of these no problem.
also had an issue with the water heater not lighting automatically (peizio type) and the furnace thermo stat was bad from the factory.
all fixed without problem by dealer.
that might sound like a lot but was really mostly minor stuff and never caused us to not camp.
looking forward to this season have several trips booked and are ready to go.
Troutcamper