Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #1

Kitchen sink and faucet replacement

I have a 1995 Jayco Eagle SL, 240 SL and the kitchen faucet is leaking. Has anyone replaced a kitchen faucet, and how is the sink fastened to the counter top? Should I replace the faucet with an RV faucet or get a good Delta faucet?
There are four drawers in the front and I don't know how anyone could get their arms in that tight space to remove the faucet. Any good ideas?
If I get it apart, the sink needs replacing also. Should I replace it with an acrylic sink or go with stainless? Are RV sinks smaller than regular house sink? Thanks Tom
campertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #2

I just replaced my kitchen and bath faucets. The RV ones were plastic. I bought nice residential ones. The pricing is about the same but the quality is much better. The plumbing connects exactly the same whether you buy RV ones (over priced really) or residential ones.

It was somewhat difficult to reach the kitchen faucet connections behind the sink which was in the way. I managed it but had to contort myself every which way to get it done. It would have been a lot easier to do if the sink had been removed but mine didn't need to be replaced and I didn't want to mess with it since I was leaving it in place.

While under there I did see that the sink is held down to the counter top pretty much the same way it's done in any home. Looks like a few screws to loosen and then there are some clips that can then be turned to release the sink from the counter. If I were replacing I would probably put in a residential sink to go along with the faucet I installed. It would depend on sizing and whether I could find a fit. The sinks do seem smaller than residential ones so that might cause me to go with an RV style replacement.
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:19 AM   #3

Take your sink measurements into Lowe's or Home Depot and they have 100s to choose from. Or you can go online for the same sink and it might be cheaper.
Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #4

Jayco Featherlite and pump cycle problem

I've checked out many forums including this one and all say, "Go to your hardware store and buy ANY home unit to put in your rig." Well I tried just that and found my pump won't quit working as long as I left the NEW faucet in.... It's a standard type with 3/8 feed lines..... I had to put in adaptors from the 1/2 plastic feeds to the sink to mate up with the new faucet..... I looked at my manual for problems and the pump and the SHURflo folks said for the 2088/2093 pump, you need to adjust the Shut off..... didn't work..... same problem... I took out the new faucet, put the old back in and the pump works properly....... Anyone have a suggestion for this?
TKnaub is offline   Reply With Quote