Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2014, 01:50 AM   #11
In reference to the 16 year olds at the Jayco factory, the problem is basic QA lacing and management. I found numerous obvious poor assembly problems with my Jayco. For whatever reason, its seems that speed is the only requirement to work at Jayco. And, it doesn't matter if it's an entry level model or top of the line. In reality, maybe a 16 year old may do a better job.

Danny Lewis
2010 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jayco 26BH
1990 Toyota- Winnebago Warrior
kuzbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #12
I think Kuzbro hit it. Not only do the bean counters track every piece of material, but also labor. Everyone on a production line is required to keep up, regardless. The worker who regularly halts the line to fix a minor issue just isn't going to last long. Also, they are required to produce X number of units a day, so it's easier to let the dealers correct warranty issues and make production quotas. That is why all of my repairs and mods except one have been done by me. I put out a better quality job that the dealers and certainly better than the factory. Thats just a way of life in a production facility.

2010 22FB(Ret)
2013 F250 XLT
I now have a Keystone Outback, but I try to help when I can.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #13
You're right the 16 yr. old remark was a joke, just simply implying that some little things have slipped through the cracks but they are usually minor enough that the dealer or owner should easily be able to fix them. Thanks. Still hoping to figure out this low pressure at the sink. If it was my water regulator the entire rig would have low pressure, correct?
Cheddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #14
Site Team
Kitchen Water Pressure???

My money if you don't have a kitchen inline filter Is some construction debris. May take some troubleshooting or back flushing to clear it.
Good luck and keep us posted. I love a challenge.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
If you have checked everything it can only be in the fawcett,common to both hot and cold.
labracorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #16
Think I've found the problem. There is a little valve where the hose attaches to the handle on the faucet. Unscrewed it and it was packed with plastic pipe shavings and and wood. Figured it was debris, just couldn't see where. I have not reattached it yet to test, but I don't see how any water was getting through. Thanks for the help, I'll report back tomorrow after I can test it.

Cheddy is offline   Reply With Quote