Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2016, 04:27 PM   #1

Leaking Bottom Shower Door

I have a 2012 Jayco 25' RKS TT and am having problems with the bottom door seal on the shower not holding up. I have replaced it once as the first one tore and would not keep water from leaking out. Has anyone come up with a better solution to this problem....possibly something aftermarket maybe?
dakotakid91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #2

I have a similar problem and will need a new bottom seal, any idea where to get one?
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #3

I was able to Google bottom door seals but I don't recall the actual site. I do remember that I had a difficult time ascertaining the exact shape of the seal that I needed as they come in a variety of configurations. I would like to find something besides what came originally with the trailer as they are too fragile and subject to failure....and then leaking. Grrrrrr!!! A very poor design by Jayco or their door supplier in my opinion. Someone has to have come up with something better than what we're dealing with.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:26 AM   #4

There was a previous thread on this subject. I have(had) the same problem on my shower but the dealer replacement has held up so far. It no better than the original so I'm sure it will fail also. On my shower the seal at the top is the same as on the bottom so in a pinch I just trade them out to buy some time. Anyway, i haven't had to follow up on this recommendation but someone Home Depot had a suitable replacement that might be of better quality. From the website it is identified as"Frost King Model # DS101WH Internet # 100137062 Store SKU # 626228 E/O 1-1/2 in. x 36 in. White Self-Stick Door Sweep". If you try it let us know how it works.
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #5

Thanks KYcamper for the reply and suggestions. I will Google that door sweep you mentioned and check it out. I agree that previously this issue had been discussed a long while back but I did not pay close attention to the solution as I was not yet having a problem. I do remember the person referencing Home Depot and a door sweep obtained there. My thinking of a stick on one at the bottom of the door probably wouldn't stay very long because of the constant moisture hitting it, and then the pull on it every time you opened and closed the door. I happened to be at Home Depot yesterday while thinking about this and actually bought an adhesive door sweep for under $5.00 but am not very optimistic about it doing much good. It was not the same one that you mentioned in your post. I did notice that the top seal is the same as the bottom one and could be used as a temporary replacement in an emergency. The material used is so flimsy and the way these doors open and close just causes stresses on the material and over time it will tear. Then the leaks begin. I may have to try and research back and see if I can find that previous post about this problem. I will keep the group posted if I'm able to come up with a solution.