Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #1

Unhappy Leaking Wardrobe Slide

We have a '15 White Hawk 33RSKS which we love. BUT, almost since we purchased it, the wardrobe slide in the bedroom has leaked! It has been serviced 4x in an attempt to repair with no success. It's currently at the dealer for a 5th time and the Service Department is now throwing up their hands and pointing their fingers toward Jayco saying this is a design flaw?

Anyone else experiencing similiar issues with their wardrobe slides?#
Leslie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF. Lots of good folks here with knowledge to help you sort this one out. Might be helpful to know where it's leaking and under what conditions - open, closed, traveling, stationary, top, bottom . . . That sort of stuff. We like pictures.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #3

At this point after four attempts to correct the same problem I would be on the phone to Jayco asking them what are they going to do to correct this problem since the dealer can't fix it. I don't have much faith in the techs at the dealers, they are not trained properly and probably don't keep up with the ever changing systems on TT. From what I have heard Jayco is very good about coming up with the proper fix for these types of problems that the dealer can't figure out.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:36 AM   #4

Leaky Wardrobe Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
Welcome to JOF. Lots of good folks here with knowledge to help you sort this one out. Might be helpful to know where it's leaking and under what conditions - open, closed, traveling, stationary, top, bottom . . . That sort of stuff. We like pictures.
Kinda new at this Forum thing, please forgive me if I mess it up?

Thanks for responding! Here's what I know: Only leaks when it's open, seems to be leaking from the side?, dealer keeps talking about a "dam" with a bad seal, but when they try to seal it back up, the motion of closing the slide, rips of the seal? No pics as it's at the dealer right now. However headed there tomorrow to inspect progress and determine strategies?
Old 03-31-2017, 05:40 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I agree. Dealer claims they're already working with Jayco Warranty Department, but I feel it's time to involve the owners, meaning us, of course. It's still under warranty, and if it's a "design flaw", Jayco needs to fully correct. Headed to dealership tomorrow to inspect progress and determine strategy for resolution.