Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #1
JRD

Leaks Along Awning At Wall

I steady rain last weekend, my new White Hawk 24RKS showed several leaks at various points along the length of the awning with water running down the exterior wall of the trailer. I've inspected the caulking and it looks solid and properly installed.

Any experience with this issue or suggestions?

It's covered under warranty but I don't want to bother with taking it in right now and my dealer is backed up until June anyway.

JRD
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:35 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Rob Church
Had the same problem with my Eagle, where the water came through the LED's under the awning. Unfortunately one of the leaks was right above the door so I would get a big drip on the head when going through the door.

Dealer caulked the length of the light but will not know if it worked until the fall.

I would report the problem and have it resolved later since they are busy and its really not a structural issue.
Rob Church is offline   Reply With Quote