Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2016, 07:24 AM   #1

Leaks at front door

Anyone notice water by the front door after a heavy rain? I can push water though the hinge area with a strong stream. No clues inside, Antenna is not in this room.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #2

Is there water beneath the front storage compartment door too? I have a mystery leak during heavy rain in my front storage compartment directly beneath the rear most latch on the compartment door. Only the floor is wet and the puddle is always beneath that rear latch. It only appears when water is hitting or flowing directly down the side the trailer, such as when I tow in a heavy rain. If you are having a similar issue, its possible if your trailer is a little nose up, that water might be running back along the wall to your bedroom door.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormpod1 View Post
Anyone notice water by the front door after a heavy rain? I can push water though the hinge area with a strong stream. No clues inside, Antenna is not in this room.
On my 2014 Whawk I noticed puddling inside my front storage door under the mini fridge. Seems the bracket holding the awning in place was somehow catching debris and causing a bit of a beaver dam in that area. The result was water pouring off the roof and coming down the side of the TT directly over the left 1/3 of the storage door. Problem not so bad if I keep that gutter edge clear.

Had a water leak on my previous Keystone TT at the entry door. After removing the door I discovered that the But Rubber tape was folded over and only covering 1/2 of the top edge of the door. That allowed water to wick under the door frame and down sides to settle under the vinyl flooring. Found too lake to prevent damage to the foam sandwich. That unit was a pos unit. When I removed the roof trim on both ends and both sides, I found that the paper tape had not been removed before installing the trim on the front side with the awning and the front and rear pieces. All this found too late for warrantee coverage.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyEm View Post
Is there water beneath the front storage compartment door too? I have a mystery leak during heavy rain in my front storage compartment directly beneath the rear most latch on the compartment door. Only the floor is wet and the puddle is always beneath that rear latch. It only appears when water is hitting or flowing directly down the side the trailer, such as when I tow in a heavy rain. If you are having a similar issue, its possible if your trailer is a little nose up, that water might be running back along the wall to your bedroom door.
Check the sealant around the hatch. Mine was missing 2" of sealant from the factory on the side of the hatch and was pooling water in the pass through storage.
I hosed down the trailer and made the effort to crawl in from the other side.

The rear hatch was such a bad fit there was a 1/4" gap between the door and surround that you could see in to the trailer.
theoat is offline   Reply With Quote