Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #1

Leaky roof

I have a 03 kiwi 23b bought it brand new took it back cause of leak and the dealer could not find any leak. 7yrs later now has damage both outside back panels and inside from a/c back. paid 12g for it and they want 6 g to put new panels and roof on has anybody done this tried to find info about it and jayco will not give me any they want me to take it to a dealer. Same thing with the awning but i fixed that already and was very easy. So now I want to takle this new problem.
I hear braces are needed to hold the sides together so it does not fall apart is ths true?? Has anybody done this kind of work please help.
sparkyman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyman57 View Post
I have a 03 kiwi 23b bought it brand new took it back cause of leak and the dealer could not find any leak. 7yrs later now has damage both outside back panels and inside from a/c back. paid 12g for it and they want 6 g to put new panels and roof on has anybody done this tried to find info about it and jayco will not give me any they want me to take it to a dealer. Same thing with the awning but i fixed that already and was very easy. So now I want to takle this new problem.
I hear braces are needed to hold the sides together so it does not fall apart is ths true?? Has anybody done this kind of work please help.
I don't know if this helps, but do you have the paperwork available from your first visit to the dealer and their comments about not finding the leak? I'm not sure about Statutes of Limitations after 7 years but I would give it a try and see if Jayco would help you or at least cut you a deal. I am quite sure your original dealer if they are still in business would not be much help.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #3

they never made any kind of paper work out and do not think they will be any help at all took it in and showed them and said i complained about a leak right away and that is when they said 6 gran to fix
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #4

Wow, that really sucks SparkyMan57. I've heard folks talk about the difficulty dealing with the skin of the trailer. Can you take it to another dealer and see what they say? Perhaps even charge less to fix. AlbertaGuy's suggestion regarding contacting Jayco again to see if they could cut you a deal for the fix is a good idea. Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum and let us know how it goes.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #5

I did take his advise contacted javco this morning waitng on reply hope it will be a good one thanks for the welcome I might see what another dealer might charge did check with a person called happy camper he would charge 4gran
Old 09-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #6

ouch...I'm sorry for you (puts a lump in my throat just reading this). You work hard, take the plunge, spend the money and buy something you hope will last and give you years of enjoyment...and then this happens. Unfortunatly, even if you spend the $ to have it fixed, you'll never get your money back. Might be time for some hard thinking... and maybe an upgraded trailer....

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #7

Thanks for everone writting back we have one more camping plan for oct 1,2,3 and we are serriously considering getting a roof put on found someone to do it 4grand we think for the amount we use it we would have a lot of camping time with it before we retire it
Old 10-17-2010, 07:04 AM   #8

Since you are the original owner you might have a good chance with Jayco.
Mark, KB9OPW
Deb, KC9SCA
markndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #9

Where are you located? The reason I ask is I know a mobile rv service who has done this type of work before, any work I have had them do has been 33% less than the quote from the dealer.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote