Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #11
My current plan is to switch the LED awning light separately. So far it looks like the wires will be easy to access, but I just need a little more detail about the switch I'm planning to use. We'll see how it goes...

I thought about trying to trace the circuit and separate it for all of about 5 minutes before I went looking for a different solution...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #12
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
If you have a 2015 with the LED awning light, that little orange light is worthless. The awning light puts out a ton of light and you wouldn't even know that orange light is on unless you are staring directly at it.
X2. I'm trying to decide whether to put a dimmer on the LED light strip. It is TOO much light. But the dimmer almost has to be wired in on the outside of my trailer. Another thread regarding the LED awning strip talked about the fact the dimmer has to be connected directly to the ground wire from the strip - the ground wire at the switch is common to other devices. (LED lights must use a PWM dimmer switch, not a resistive-type dimmer switch like those used for incadescent bulbs.) And since that step light is in the same circuit, the dimmer would have to be wired at the LED strip.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if you fix the amber step light, I don't think you'll notice much difference. The awning light definitely overpowers the dim amber light.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote