Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhawley66 View Post
Sorry to hear that! I don't want the unit anymore after doing more research and wish we would have went with a cabin in the woods. This is not the camping experience we expected.
We bought this F/W for our retirement, the past 14 months of ownership it has been unusable for 8 months. It is as of last Wednesday back in shop for a endless electrical issues. Again waiting on Jayco.....................
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:20 AM   #22

Several times I had issues with my local CW. I sent a e-mail to Marcus Lemonis and I got a call very promptly from the local CW Service manager and we got the issues resolved. Try it. From my experience, these e-mails are monitored and get responded to almost immediately. The more info you give in the e-mail, the better. make sure you also give a contact phone number.

I agree with Jim, After I e-mailed Marcus Lemonis a couple times with Camping World issues, I am now treated as I would expect to be treated. Also, I have 1 service advisor I call, and when I call him, he gets me in and gets the work done in an acceptable, reasonable time. As Jim said, get to know 1 service advisor and the service manager and let them get to know you. It is amazing what they start doing for you. (especially if they know you have Marcus e-mail address)

I now keep this e-mail address in my address book. I have used it several times as stated above.
Just make sure it is a CAMPING WORLD ISSUE,........... NOT JAYCO!

marcusVIP@campingworld.com

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #23

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
The RV industry has many quality control problems and sometimes I wonder do they really care. Many customers are not aware of those problems and there's an attitude of wanting that nice looking unit. Yes the units are very nice looking but has in some units [or many]hidden defects (because of the fast pace on the assembly line). This problem hit the none DIY's very hard
It is no different than owning a home........it needs maintenance and repairs. When a home is settled there will be some drywall cracks etc. When lucky it would be still done under warranty.
As a DIYer I rather have another discount than the warranty what cost me time and money anyway and not to forget frustrations. RV dealers rather sell units then repair them (which is true for most of them) and they only tell you the half truth). In the RV factory they miss a lot of things so does the dealer with PDI.
It all boils down to making profit. If you are a all-round DIYer you can do everything yourself. But it is very though for the ones what don't.
Everything you can find online how todo things yourself with manuals, diagrams etc. it is to every individual to educate themselves (or cope with the after sale frustrations).
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #24

I would love to fix the frame my way but it voids the warranty for the entire unit going forward. Jayco/Lippert are now putting a taller frame and heavier outriggers under the same unit (2017's) due to all the problems. The only owners having issues are the ones who are actually towing them cross country. The frames are flexing which is causing problems with the unit. The sad thing is the only fix they are agreeing to pay for are the bent outriggers on my unit. They are not interested in reinforcing the frame to take some of the flex out of it. Fixing the outriggers will not fix the flexing of the frame so that will be my responsibility after the 2yr warranty expires. I'm getting close to fixing the unit and telling Jayco to keep the useless warranty.
brianhawley66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #25
Jim

With Thor recently purchasing Jayco it will be interesting to see how things go forward from here. Most RV manufacturers and their suppliers other than the $1M + rig industry are focused on just a few things.. One being profit, second being manufacturing on demand (reason why you have to wait 2-4 weeks to get your repair parts), and third what Jayco did by building up there volume of sales sans quality control to make them worth more to a potential buyer. I had that feeling last summer when i visited the Jayco manufacturing plant where they were proud of how many 5th wheels they could get out the door each day. Well.. this takes the discussion completely out of this thread so apologies to the moderator.
Equalizer 4 10K Hitch System
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote