Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #1

Looked at a 2014 22FB today.

Drove over 240 miles each way. I will say at least the inside pictures finally lived up to what I was hoping for. The pictures showed a very clean, very nice interior, and it was.

Unfortunately, there were only two pictures of the outside. That probably should have told me something, I guess. On the road side, there was a place as wide as my hand from wrist to tips of the fingers, and about 1.5 to 2 feet long that was basically flattened. That made the trailer unacceptable to me.

I don't expect an unblemished "tin" sided trailer. And this one had a few nicks and dings here and there. But that wasn't a deal killer. However the damage to the side of the trailer was a deal killer.

There was another aspect that I didn't like all that well. A new battery was an itemized line on the sell sheet. I understand batteries aren't free, but that should be buried somewhere. However, it was probably a good thing after thinking about it. I could just ask for a $95 credit, and I would bring my own battery.

Prep fee is $695 which includes "ensuring a certified technician goes thru and checks the functionality of unit, pressurizes water and lp lines, checks for leaks, tanks the same, any slides, awnings landing gear, appliances and a host of other things are running and operational the day you pick up your unit. It also takes care of the safety check we spoke of earlier, tires, brakes, bearings ...".

In any case, if the siding was not so damaged, I would have negotiated the sell price with them for a while.

It's back to looking.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #2

Me thinks you did the right thing.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote