Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #21

Camp stove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I just bought the gas Weber 2000 and stand with wheels on clearance at my local Home Depot for $175.00. I was looking at buying the Coleman, but I couldn't pass up the price!
Bought the Coleman not impressed.
Dizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #22

Q here too. Bit of neat freak line bottom with aluminum and heat the grease off grill with quick scrape down and pop it in the basement cools down quick and heats up quick. All that being said you can't beat a 1970s hibachi for flavor...lol
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
My question is how do you like to camp, what do you want out of a grill, and how many are you cooking for?
All very good questions. We bought a 36" Blackstone Griddle last year. When we camp, we are always cooking for a decent group of people and its portable enough that it can be brought any where we go fairly easily. Its not the cheepest unit out there, but it has served us well. They also make a Grill top for the unit for about $100 extra if you want a flat top and grill top. Check out this thread in the campfire cooking section about the griddle. There is at least two of us on the forum that have them and I'd highly recomend to all. Heres the link http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18027

If your interested, www.griddleguru.com is their main retailer, but I bought mine at a local department store for about the same price as they go on sale at that site.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #24

I got a Weber Q1xx series (before they went to 1000, 2000 etc and raised the price) and I absolutely LOVE it. It's very portable, easy to use, puts out lots of heat, has plenty of grilling space for me and DW and more if I need it. I'm still running mine off the 1 lb canisters because I have a bunch of them hanging around, and one lasted me an entire season.

I do love the taste of food grilled over charcoal, but when it's just me and DW, it's not worth all the time and effort it takes to stoke the coals, cook, then deal with the hot coals and ashes. I just fire up the ol' Weber, and I'm off and running in minutes, and I just put it back in the pass-thru storage when it's cooled off. I clean it out every couple trips to ensure I don't get unwanted visitors in the trailer (I keep it in there permanently).

I have a 12' hose that I can hook into my main propane tanks if I need to. The long-term plan is to get a propane tree to put on the 20lb cylinder I keep for our Camco Little Red Campfire. Then I can hook my campfire, my grill, and my burner into it and run my Coleman propane lantern on top. Portable outdoor kitchen at its finest IMHO. Bonus is it can all be used separately if I want to run any one thing at a time, and I can use it all whether I have my trailer or not!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdee View Post
DW just scored one that looks like the one in the top left as well for $10 just recently. We have not used it yet as we are in the deep snow for now, but It was a clearance item / open box and all the parts are there so it was a no brainer since we were looking to replace our tired old Grill-To-Go. I would say that for the last 15 years we have been using our Thermos Grill-To-Go which was fantastic, albeit because of the rather long cooking plate it was a pain in the butt to clean up on a campsite. It traveled everywhere with us and it provided many Hot Dog Lunches for the Little League Teams I coached and the tournaments we went to over the years. A good unit, but kind of Bulky so I won't miss it much. I am hoping to sell it for about $40 actually since it has plenty of life left in it, just the teflon plate is showing wear after all the use.

Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #26

Another vote for the Baby Weber Q. I debated on the portable stand and finally decided yes. Glad I did because I can roll it to where I want vs. what's available.

Oh yeah, get the hose adaptor/extension and use a 20# propane tank with it.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #27

Weber Q 220, with folding stand, loved it so much bought for my children as well. I use a 5 pound tank and hose.
Bill Mc
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:25 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildlifeTag View Post
I am in the market for a good grill to bring along with us on our RV adventures. I want something portable, light and something that will hold up. What do you all recommend?
I was like you at first and couldn't decide.. Then it came to me one night while drinking wild turkey and swatting skeeters.. When the neighbor went in for the night I went over and used his.. Done it ever since I found I don't have to stress over it anymore.. Cheers.

Dash, Marie & Tazzie ( short for the devil from Tazmania) English bull terrier.
2014 Eagle 316RKDS
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
When I pass on I want it to be like my grandpa in my sleep... Not like the screaming folks in the car with him..
The Dster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:11 AM   #29

I've had a bunch of them. First started out with the RVQ, that one was really inconsistent, and I really didn't like the idea of it being mounted to the camper. Next was the BabyQ 100, which *should* have been a great grill. It was easy to clean, very portable but it just seemed to steam our food not grill it hot. I have the Coleman now with the changeable plates and the water pan under the grills. While it should be easy to clean, I find it a task to do so, but it does clean up nicely. It cooks very hot and has 2 separate burners.

I also cary a Smoky Joe 14" which can be lined with foil for easy cleanup and gets the great charcoal flavor and a Big Red fire pit which can be used to cook too.

I really wanted to like the Weber and maybe the lager models cook better? Maybe it was just mine? Additionally for me, I also tote a 20b propane bottle so I don't have to mess with those little containers. For me having a grill stand and cover are critical. I do not like using the grill on a table, and the Coleman has a very nice stand, cover and changeable plates.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:39 AM   #30

Anyone tried the Char Broil Grill2Go yet? We just purchased a new White Hawk and are waiting on delivery. I went to Lowes last week to buy a little Weber, and came acrossed the Char Broil. I've had several Charbroil grills in the past, and for the money, they are tough to beat. Thinking about trying this one to go alongside a mini BGE.
DuckHunterJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #31
Site Team

Looking for a camping grill! What do you think?

I carry a Holland Companion grill. It is great for slow cooking and baking but I use a Weber portable grill for burgers etc.
My favorite is the babyQ which they don't sell any more. The model 200 is my 2nd choice.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:13 AM   #32

I have a weber Q2xx and like it, if I did something else it would be a weber charcoal grill. I like the convenience of gas, but love the flavor of charcoal.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #33

We have a 3 burner. CAmp chef with a grill box that cover two burners it works great but is quite large and heavy. I love having a camp chef.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #34

Smile

Thanks everyone for the help! I ended up get the Weber Q2000. I found a heck of a deal on Craigslist. Someone had got two as wedding gifts a couple years back. He decided to sell the one he never used for $125. We settled on $110 and I picked it up last night! I was pretty pumped because this grill usually goes for $225. Feels like a really sturdy grill and I am anxious to try it out. Again, thanks for all the help! It was very much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
GalleryWeberQ2000_Woodpecker..jpg  
WildlifeTag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #35

Great deal! Now get the adaptor hose and use the larger propane tanks. The Weber portable table is convenient.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #36

Nice score, that is a great price and a wonderful grill. It will last for years!
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #37

3 burner camp chef here as well. With griddle of course, but no grill box. Small charcoal unit for that. Griddle cooks everything from breakfast to dinner, eggs to steaks. Love the unit. Compact and light, certainly not!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:12 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
3 burner camp chef here as well. With griddle of course, but no grill box. Small charcoal unit for that. Griddle cooks everything from breakfast to dinner, eggs to steaks. Love the unit. Compact and light, certainly not!
It is compared to the grill I feed this crew with at home! It's all about perspective.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #39

LOL! Misread the tag. Thought you said "looking for camping girl"

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #40

I have the Weber Q100 and like it. With a change over regulator and hose, I run off one of the 30# tanks
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote