Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Depending on just how much time you will be spending in the tt during the remodel, having the extra room of the 32 may be needed.

Since you are looking at used, depending on how old you are considering, Jayco had a 31 BHS (may have been a BHDS) before the 32 BHDS. Little shorter than the 32, does not have the direct bathroom entrance, the outside kitchen, or the third bunk, but has a small bunk room with a slide as well as a dinette and couch slide in the "living room" if I remember correctly. Maybe this would work for you guys if you could find one???

Will try to find one online for reference. Here is the floor plans showing the 31 BHDS. Almost 2' shorter than the 32, but due to age may be harder to find one in good condition.

Good luck in your search!!!

Thank you; I'll check it out!
wed100105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed100105 View Post
Thank you; I'll check it out!
YW!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #23

After a few months of lookingand a few weeks of negotiating with various dealers, we made an offer and it was accepted on a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE at a dealer about an hour away. We are scheduled to pick it up Saturday, November 12.

I was really shocked at how expensive TTs are. We originally started with a budget of $6000. After looking at a few gross used trailers, we quickly learned that we needed to up our budget. We figured within $12,000 would be a good range. We found a couple of 32BHDS close to that price range, but both were almost 10 years old. We were given a quote for a brand new 2017 28BHBE for $19,200 from Rvdirect. DH did not want to spend that much. Much to my dismay, we settled at $16,000 for a 2015 gently used 2015 28BHBE.

Ultimately our decision was made to find something that we could tow now and in good condition. The kids don't know that we bought this one, but I know our oldest will be disappointed that it doesn't have the back room. Hopefully once we camp, she will enjoy it and focus on the positive.
wed100105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed100105 View Post
After a few months of lookingand a few weeks of negotiating with various dealers, we made an offer and it was accepted on a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE at a dealer about an hour away. We are scheduled to pick it up Saturday, November 12. ...snip....
Glad to hear you found a balance between what you wanted, what you needed and what you can afford!

Congratulations! And Happy Camping

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #25

Our friends have a bunk room in their 5er, it's a wonderful thing! We go camping a lot with them and the kids all love the bunk room. So do the parents! lol
Attached Thumbnails
In line duo.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #26

One thing you can always do with the kids, especially when they get in their teens, is put them in a tent on your site. They get some privacy, you get some privacy, and you may stand a higher likely hood that they will continue to enjoy camping.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #27

I did not got through all the thread, just going off your initial question. Having a family of 5 myself and a dog there are times when doors are good. Sometimes you may not want to watch what they want and vice versa. Since this will be lived in for some time and you are going with the upgraded TV I would go with the camper that gives you the space you may want.

While it seems large now, it will get small when you're in there living in it for those several weeks under construction.

Look at fridge space as well or keep one on in the house somewhere to supplement.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunkhouse