Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #1

Looking For Jay Feather 25z Owners

We purchased a 2005 Jay Feather 25z last December and love the trailer except for one problem. The sewer cap is only 4" above the pavement and we drag it when pulling into driveways and over bumps. We lost one cap on a recent camping trip on our way home. The cap was on tight when we left the camp ground when we checked it. I have dexter axles and have talked to them about raising the trailer but jayco used a different mounting bracket for 2004 -2007 and there is no lift kit available. I have been following another post of a 29n being lifted but I can't do welding there for would need to hire someone to do the work and that will be expensive. I would like to know what other people have done to keep from dragging the sewer cap on the ground? I did not have this problem with our Kiwi and we have gone to the same campgrounds with the Jay Feather as the Kiwi. Thanks for help.
sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #2

Cool Sewer Dragger

Good Luck brother! If I was close enough I would help you out. The way the axle flanges bolt to the outside of the frame limits the standard methods of using lifting blocks.

If I would have felt safe welding a spring perch on the top of the axle tube using blocks to lift it would have been faster. I don't know how the bushings are installed in the torsion tube axles so I opted not to weld on them. What is taking me so long is I'm fabricating the lift as I go since I could not find anything on lifting this axle.

When I called Jayco they told me that a 2" lift was an option for the 2007's not my 06! I asked if I could retrofit the lift kit to my trailer and they told me no. I don't like being told No, when I know it is possible. I've been lifting 4x4's for thirty years and these are non steering axles!
Doboy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote