Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #1

maiden voyage in 26bh

We spent the weekend in Monterey, everything went very well. My half ton pulled it nicely. The weather was great, we stayed at Marina Dunes, so for our first time, overall it went great.
There were helpful neighbors, so set up and take down went easily. We really enjoyed the fire pit they had there, nice to sit around in the evening.

We did drop the trailer off at our dealer on the way home, we had made a list for them, which everyone including our salesman said we would have after our first outing. Our service advisor had never heard of this one.. our toilet flushed with hot water, but that was kind of nice on a cold morning, we considered not having it fixed!! Then all the faucets were reversed, hot out of the cold... under the trailer was a leak. grey tank showed full all the time. some other minor things...

thanks to all here on the forum, this has been a great source of info for us.

one question, how do I mouse proof my trailer? the dealer was telling me about a spray they apply to the bottom, anyone know about this?

jim
2012 Jayflight 26BH
04 Chevy 1500 4x4 w/HD towing
jimbolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbolu View Post
snip.....one question, how do I mouse proof my trailer? the dealer was telling me about a spray they apply to the bottom, anyone know about this? jim
Jim,

Never heard about spraying the underbelly. I lock & load a couple standard mouse traps with a dab of peanut butter and leave them in the TT when not in use. Works for me

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #3

I was told cayenne pepper works. I guess you just sprinkle some around access points. I have not tried it myself so I can't say for sure if it works.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #4

Quote:
We spent the weekend in Monterey, everything went very well. My half ton pulled it nicely. The weather was great, we stayed at Marina Dunes, so for our first time, overall it went great.
There were helpful neighbors, so set up and take down went easily. We really enjoyed the fire pit they had there, nice to sit around in the evening.

We did drop the trailer off at our dealer on the way home, we had made a list for them, which everyone including our salesman said we would have after our first outing. Our service advisor had never heard of this one.. our toilet flushed with hot water, but that was kind of nice on a cold morning, we considered not having it fixed!! Then all the faucets were reversed, hot out of the cold... under the trailer was a leak. grey tank showed full all the time. some other minor things...

thanks to all here on the forum, this has been a great source of info for us.

one question, how do I mouse proof my trailer? the dealer was telling me about a spray they apply to the bottom, anyone know about this?

jim
Stuff brillo pad stuffing in every niche and cranny. Seems they don't like chewing thru shredded metal. lol

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #5

Congrats on your 26BH....never heard of the reverse water deal...interesting.

You will get as many opinions on mice as there are TTs!! Personally I leave all the doors and drawers open and put sticky traps. I learned the hard way they like to bed in dark drawers!!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #6

the service manager said he had never seen it before either but they will get to it on thursday. It will be interesting to see what's up.
2012 Jayflight 26BH
Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #7

So were all the faucets really backwards or did they just cross it up at the water heater?
3Pillons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #8

Faucets were in correct spots. Just the kitchen faucets worked right.
2012 Jayflight 26BH
Old 04-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #9

update on repairs from dealer

So we dropped the trailer last sunday, yes, service is open on sunday... and we got a call yesterday with update. They checked out the trailer, and told us that yes, the toilet is flushing with hot water, and yes the shower and bath sink have cold water in the hot faucet and viceversa. They have submitted this to Jayco and need to wait 2 -3 days for approval of repairs. They will notify me when Jayco authorizes repairs. The other repairs were done, they fixed the grey tank moniter, and fixed some other minor issues.

The service advisor said that the repair they are waiting on approval for will consist of pulling the toilet and fixing that, and then trying to find where the other plumbing problems happened.

So my question to all you Jayco folks ...is this normal for Jayco? I bought this trailer thinking they made good products right out of the factory. I think they do not have good quality control or this would have been discovered at the factory.

Jim

Jim
2012 Jayflight 26BH
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #10

found both wheels on our 2012 slx 184 were not properly installed at the factory. i believe my mechanic saved us a major accident by discovering this problem while doing the required brake adjustment. even at that overall, we are satisfied with the purchase. we have camped only 5 days so far so time will tell. good luck with your tt, happy camping
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #11

Quote:
So we dropped the trailer last sunday, yes, service is open on sunday... and we got a call yesterday with update. They checked out the trailer, and told us that yes, the toilet is flushing with hot water, and yes the shower and bath sink have cold water in the hot faucet and viceversa....
We had the exact same problem with a Sunnybrook Lite trailer we bought in 2001. The dealer fixed it without issue.

Thank goodness the problem is merely an annoyance.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
We had the exact same problem with a Sunnybrook Lite trailer we bought in 2001. The dealer fixed it without issue.

Thank goodness the problem is merely an annoyance.

thanks for the encouragment, still we think this should have been found at the factory, not by a 1st time buyer. My question is this normal? should I be trying to contact Jayco? What would they do?
2012 Jayflight 26BH
Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #13

Quote:
thanks for the encouragment, still we think this should have been found at the factory, not by a 1st time buyer. My question is this normal? should I be trying to contact Jayco? What would they do?
Or by the dealer when they did their PDI?

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #14

Quote:
No it is not normal, but mistakes do happen. I would wait to hear the remedy and if you have no more issues - enjouy your trailer! If you are concerned, tell the dealer to run through everything and confirm it all looks good.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 228 View Post
Or by the dealer when they did their PDI?
The factory workers are slapping together entry level trailers at a mind numbing pace. Swapping two hoses resulted in your problem. All the dealer (or you) need to do is swap the hoses back.

Sure, the dealer could have caught the problem at PDI. But to do so they would need to have allowed the water heater to fully heat the tank. That takes time, which equals money.

Your situation is rare. The factory should not have swapped the hoses. The dealership should have caught the problem before you found it. But both probably found many other issues and fixed them without your knowledge.

It's an annoyance that you will be able to share on the forum 5 years from now when a newbie posts the same problem.....
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #16

Got a call from dealer, repair done. Had to pull toilet and replumb lines and same for faucets. We are looking forward to our next trip, maybe this weekend!
2012 Jayflight 26BH
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Got a call from dealer, repair done. Had to pull toilet and replumb lines and same for faucets. We are looking forward to our next trip, maybe this weekend!
They did it the hard way, but it's all good in the end.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #18

We have a 2011 26BH and had only minor issues that we had corrected at the end of season 1. We've been out for 11 days so far this year and no issues. I'm starting to think about a larger TT, but that's because my kids are getting bigger and I have a better idea about what we want in a TT. We like our 26BH and will likely buy another Jayco
AndrewClay is offline   Reply With Quote