Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #31
Site Team

Sounds reasonable if everyone agrees. Sometimes sleeping on it makes things clearer.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Sounds reasonable if everyone agrees. Sometimes sleeping on it makes things clearer.
I don't think there was a lot of sleeping. I would go to bed and lay awake all night trying to figure out a resolution.

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
I don't think there was a lot of sleeping. I would go to bed and lay awake all night trying to figure out a resolution.
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!! Yeah, the sleeping part was a generalization at best. I did nod off a few times but mostly just tossed and turned all night.

But at least now, I think I have come up with what I consider to be a reasonable compromise. I can't imagine the dealership having any issues with my latest proposal since it basically tosses the ball back in Jayco's court, so that leaves it up to Jayco to decide. Guess I am going to find out just how "customer focused" they really are.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #34

Just a generic question about the whole ordering process. The OP says they have a "purchase contract" with the dealer. Not sure what that is exactly but does it not include any language regarding delivery deadlines? I don't see how they could possibly justify retention of your deposit if they are the ones who fail to perform according to the contract.

Again, if a "purchase contract" does not include any kind of performance deadline is it even a real contract?
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #35

The Buyers Order / Purchase Agreement for a unit that has to be ordered should not be open ended as far as the delivery date is concerned. If the sale cannot be completed by the date specified, the Agreement will expire, and both parties can agree to extend the date, or the customer can "walk away" with his/her deposit refunded.

One thing I've learned about floor-plans over the last 9 campers is, never get a slide that has anything gas related in it (Stove, oven, fridge, etc.). Those flexing gas connections seem to cause nothing but trouble!

As far as a loaner... If the dealer is willing, who cares what floor-plan it is, it's just temporary, to save your vacation.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
The Buyers Order / Purchase Agreement for a unit that has to be ordered should not be open ended as far as the delivery date is concerned. If the sale cannot be completed by the date specified, the Agreement will expire, and both parties can agree to extend the date, or the customer can "walk away" with his/her deposit refunded.

One thing I've learned about floor-plans over the last 9 campers is, never get a slide that has anything gas related in it (Stove, oven, fridge, etc.). Those flexing gas connections seem to cause nothing but trouble!

As far as a loaner... If the dealer is willing, who cares what floor-plan it is, it's just temporary, to save your vacation.
Well, the one that we signed does not have any stipulation as to a delivery promised date or window and in big bold letters, it states that deposits are non refundable. I would be curious how many RV purchase agreements on ordered trailers actually stipulate a specific delivery window. I would dare to guess that unless it was demanded by the buyer, that most would not just by the nature of the business in general.

I don't want to turn this thread into a legal discussion nor am I an attorney, but I believe I would have a good case in a court of law to get that deposit refunded based solely on verbal agreements (that were witnessed) and the fact that I will incur fiscal loss because of their inability to fulfill their part of the agreement in the time stated in that verbal agreement. I also believe I have given both the dealership and Jayco a reasonable and doable solution to this situation so that all parties come out of this whole. If they turn that down, I think they just give me more ammo.

Regardless, I am trying my best to stay positive that this will all work out and that if it actually came down to cancelling the order, that they would not force me to get an attorney to simply get my deposit back.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #37
Site Team

Taken from the JOF Community Rules:
-----------------------------------------------
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors, products or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Jayco product in an effort to learn from others with similar issues however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Jayco, Jayco products, or Jayco owners is strictly forbidden.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threads that drift into this area do not stay open so keeping it positive is a good idea.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenwald48 View Post
Just a generic question about the whole ordering process. The OP says they have a "purchase contract" with the dealer. Not sure what that is exactly but does it not include any language regarding delivery deadlines? I don't see how they could possibly justify retention of your deposit if they are the ones who fail to perform according to the contract.

Again, if a "purchase contract" does not include any kind of performance deadline is it even a real contract?
I misstated in that it is a "Purchase Agreement". The purchase agreement basically states the "numbers" in relation to the deal. The price of the trailer, the make/model and what options are to be on the trailer, our trade in value, taxes, deposits, down payments, and amount due on delivery are all listed and itemized. And even though the purchase agreement doesn't spell out in writing a deliver window, we did verbally agree to the latest extension (8-10 weeks from 6-8) and have witnesses that heard them tell us that before we agreed to that extension. Last I knew, verbal agreements are still valid in a court of law, are they not?
Old 08-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Taken from the JOF Community Rules:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors, products or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Jayco product in an effort to learn from others with similar issues however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Jayco, Jayco products, or Jayco owners is strictly forbidden.

Threads that drift into this area do not stay open so keeping it positive is a good idea.

I apologize if this thread has crossed the line. My intent is to get feedback from others that may have ran into this type of situation and how theirs was resolved. It also may bring up some situation when negotiating with a dealer on what they might want to consider having in their agreements/contracts to try and avoid exactly what I am running into.

I truly don't want it to turn into a legal discussion or a B(*&^ session. But if you feel the need to close it, please do so. and again, please accept my apologies.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #40

Nor did I intend to turn the discussion into the legal area. I was just wondering if delivery date might be a good thing to include should I or others decide to special order an RV from the manufacturer. Doesn't really matter who the manufacturer might be. Although it does the OP no good, that stipulation might be a good way to prevent this kind of disagreement in the future and might be good information for others.

Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote