Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2016, 05:27 PM   #41
Site Team

Thanks for both your comments.

All is good and I was just wanting to say how some of these have gone in the past.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:31 AM   #42

As many have stated previously, other than ordering the trailer right away the dealers have little control over when the factory builds the unit. It is doubtful that they would be willing to guarantee a delivery date or offer a refund of a deposit. Especially on a special order unit with options they don't normally order. Once the trailer is ordered, Jayco considers it sold to the dealer so if a customer backs out of the deal, the dealer still owns the trailer.

It took 12 weeks from order to delivery for my 2017 Eagle TT. That seems to be the norm based on what I've seen on this forum. The dealer never should have told you it would take 6-8 weeks. That was wishful thinking on their part. It's their responsibility to manage customer's expectations.

I'd call the factory and talk to their dealer rep. Explain the situation and see if they can move the trailer up in the build line. If there are orders ahead of yours that don't have a customer's name attached to them they may be able to help you out.

bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalton View Post
As many have stated previously, other than ordering the trailer right away the dealers have little control over when the factory builds the unit. It is doubtful that they would be willing to guarantee a delivery date or offer a refund of a deposit. Especially on a special order unit with options they don't normally order. Once the trailer is ordered, Jayco considers it sold to the dealer so if a customer backs out of the deal, the dealer still owns the trailer.

It took 12 weeks from order to delivery for my 2017 Eagle TT. That seems to be the norm based on what I've seen on this forum. The dealer never should have told you it would take 6-8 weeks. That was wishful thinking on their part. It's their responsibility to manage customer's expectations.

I'd call the factory and talk to their dealer rep. Explain the situation and see if they can move the trailer up in the build line. If there are orders ahead of yours that don't have a customer's name attached to them they may be able to help you out.
I agree that the 6-8 was a little optimistic to say the least. And even when they changed it a few weeks later to 8-10, that estimate came directly from Jayco's regional manager while I was talking with him on the phone and he was looking directly at their order system! And even if they came back and said it was 10-12 now, I could have understood given all the statements about the number of orders, etc.

But for them to now come back and state 20 weeks, and no one at Jayco thought to notify dealers/buyers of this drastic of a production delay (at least that is the story I get from our dealership) or that there might be a few buyers a little upset about this, doesn't say a lot for the company being "customer focused" in my eyes. I get that production issues arise, but to not keep buyers updated about such drastic changes seems a little odd to me.

If I don't hear back from my salesman about what I have already proposed in a day or so, I will call Jayco personally to see what might be able to be done.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #44

Cancel unless dealer will give you a loaner for your trip. That is not an uncommon thing for a dealer to do when needed to resolve a customer problem that Jayco or the dealer caused. 4 months is way out of line for a delivery. Our Wht Hawk was delivered in just a few days short of 6 weeks. More than 12 weeks means only one thing, your order was put on the back burner to make dealer ordered units this summer.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:34 AM   #45

Well, I decided to just call Jayco CS and express my (clears throat) "frustrations" about this entire situation and was forwarded back to the regional manager that told me 8-10 weeks.

Although he said he has now been "moved" out of that position, he was more than willing to listen to my frustrations. He stated that the main reason was that they have been literally slammed with Eagle TT orders and their current production facilities for that line cannot keep up. He also said that Jayco was in the process of setting up a second facility to meet demand, but also admitted that this doesn't help in my situation and also told me that even 20 weeks might be optimistic!!!!!! So for anyone else that has an Eagle TT on order, you might just want to check in and find out where YOUR order is now!!!

After hearing my proposals stated earlier in this thread, he told me he would make a few phone calls to see what could be done and get back with me SOON!

Not getting my hopes up just yet, but have heard some amazing stories about how far Jayco has gone to "make things right".
Old 08-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #46

We had the same problem last year when we ordered our 324 BHTS, we were told 4-6 weeks and it actually took 9. Since we took ownership of that unit, we have discovered several issues that I blame 100% on hastily performed work (a piece of subfloor at the kitchen slide is missing, staples anchoring entry wall not totally missed stud and wall sticks out, lights and electrical receptacles off center, water line leading to outside kitchen nicked when they cut hole under cabinet to run electric line,...) I wouldn't try to rush them anymore than they are already being rushed!!
Lessmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #47

That's the main reason I buy "off the lot". That way I can inspect the actual unit before any money changes hands. Makes it more difficult to get exactly what you want but worth the effort (and sometimes compromise) to get a unit you have looked over thoroughly.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:25 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenwald48 View Post
That's the main reason I buy "off the lot". That way I can inspect the actual unit before any money changes hands. Makes it more difficult to get exactly what you want but worth the effort (and sometimes compromise) to get a unit you have looked over thoroughly.
I agree completely. Don't you also typically get a better deal when buying from dealer stock? I ordered a car from the Ford factory once and I had to pay full MSRP. I imagine it's probably the same with RV's?
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
I agree completely. Don't you also typically get a better deal when buying from dealer stock? I ordered a car from the Ford factory once and I had to pay full MSRP. I imagine it's probably the same with RV's?
Nope, never made a difference for us. It's all dealer dependent.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post

But for them to now come back and state 20 weeks, and no one at Jayco thought to notify dealers/buyers of this drastic of a production delay (at least that is the story I get from our dealership) or that there might be a few buyers a little upset about this, doesn't say a lot for the company being "customer focused" in my eyes. I get that production issues arise, but to not keep buyers updated about such drastic changes seems a little odd to me.
Jayco updates their build schedules weekly. The dealer can go in and print off a list of their orders with build dates. If the dealer is telling you they didn't know, either they weren't checking or they didn't want to have to break the bad news to you.

There are a lot of people suggesting you cancel the order but then what? You have to start all over again and I assume you ordered this trailer for a reason. I know that I was in a similar situation and cancelling was appealing but then I realized that the person that would lose out the most was me. I'd keep working the factory angle.

bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote