Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I hope all goes well for you at the PDI!
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #122

Dealers usually have trailers that they let sales people demo/use. Do they have something that they would "loan/rent for free" you? Even something they took in on trade?

Or they pay the $1100.00
3H Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:16 AM   #123
Lost in the Woods

Thanks for the suggestion I bought the unit in wisc loaded it dropped it in Mesa az where there dealer told me they would not work on it because I didn't buy it there although they did not have a loaded unit I had looked everywhere the factory even called them to see if I could store it in there lot. Until they picked it up some five months ago which we are going to discuss two year warranty which means nothing, tomorrow we head back to factory to look it over again met Mike for the last visit ,he was working with service people to make sure all goes well I hope so,it's not leaving the factory until so ,this is the fourth time we've driven there wish me luck thanks Bob 847-494-8707
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #124

Seems this is a common theme for Jayco and I am hearing (from my dealer) that all mfg's of campers are having issues keeping up with the surging demand. We ordered our 24RBS on May 9th, told 6 to 8 weeks. At the 5 week mark (I think) I sold our old camper on Craigslist. Long story short, our new camper arrived a week ago today. We looked at it but still haven't finalized the financing. That will be this week. It won't be coming home till spring. All of our camping reservations were cancelled/moved which cost us $. We ended up giving up our indoor storage facility because we weren't sure at the time of the renewal that we would even have a camper this year. Only plus side to this is I sold my old unit for $2K more than what I was going to get on trade. Our dealer has agreed to store it on there lot for the winter and start my warranty in the spring when I pick it up.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
Seems this is a common theme for Jayco and I am hearing (from my dealer) that all mfg's of campers are having issues keeping up with the surging demand. We ordered our 24RBS on May 9th, told 6 to 8 weeks. At the 5 week mark (I think) I sold our old camper on Craigslist. Long story short, our new camper arrived a week ago today. We looked at it but still haven't finalized the financing. That will be this week. It won't be coming home till spring. All of our camping reservations were cancelled/moved which cost us $. We ended up giving up our indoor storage facility because we weren't sure at the time of the renewal that we would even have a camper this year. Only plus side to this is I sold my old unit for $2K more than what I was going to get on trade. Our dealer has agreed to store it on there lot for the winter and start my warranty in the spring when I pick it up.
During all my trials and tribulations navigating thru this whole process, I have found out that "6 to 8 weeks" is unrealistic at best and impossible at most. This was confirmed for me during a conversation with a Jayco rep as well when he told me, "I don't know why they tell you this". 10-12 is more the common window during "normal" years, but as we know, this is NOT a normal year. Ours will be just shy of 19 weeks.

As for "patterns", I feel it is a pattern regarding a serious lack of communication about such issues.

From a layman's viewpoint, I feel Jayco needs to seriously take a look at being at least a little more proactive in communicating issues, delays, backorders, missing options, etc. as soon as feasibly possible instead of continuing what appears to be a non chalant attitude about such things and relying on salesmen/dealerships/customers to constantly check in to see where things stand.

Had we known about such delays even 2 weeks sooner, many of our issues could have been avoided. But instead, it not only cost us money out of OUR pockets, but placed the dealership/salesmen holding the bag as well to try and find solutions to these issues.

In the end, if Jayco truly cares about their "customer experience", then at least for me, they have some work to do in this area.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
During all my trials and tribulations navigating thru this whole process, I have found out that "6 to 8 weeks" is unrealistic at best and impossible at most. This was confirmed for me during a conversation with a Jayco rep as well when he told me, "I don't know why they tell you this". 10-12 is more the common window during "normal" years, but as we know, this is NOT a normal year. Ours will be just shy of 19 weeks.

As for "patterns", I feel it is a pattern regarding a serious lack of communication about such issues.

From a layman's viewpoint, I feel Jayco needs to seriously take a look at being at least a little more proactive in communicating issues, delays, backorders, missing options, etc. as soon as feasibly possible instead of continuing what appears to be a non chalant attitude about such things and relying on salesmen/dealerships/customers to constantly check in to see where things stand.

Had we known about such delays even 2 weeks sooner, many of our issues could have been avoided. But instead, it not only cost us money out of OUR pockets, but placed the dealership/salesmen holding the bag as well to try and find solutions to these issues.

In the end, if Jayco truly cares about their "customer experience", then at least for me, they have some work to do in this area.

I can't argue anything you have said here, I agree 100%

While talking with my dealer, he was already saying that he is being told, stuff ordered now, will be ready in March and anything that he orders during or after the annual RV show in January there will be no guarantee for delivery during next season.

I'm sensing an increase in the "value" of used RV's.

I guess our "6-8" weeks turned into 22.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #127

I think I would find another unit someplace that has one in stock. I did that because my wife didn't want to wait for a unit to be built. Even if you have to travel some places will deliver it to you so you don't need to make two trips and I bet they will cut you a good deal some you wont notice the loss of that deposit.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by whhiii1116 View Post
I think I would find another unit someplace that has one in stock. I did that because my wife didn't want to wait for a unit to be built. Even if you have to travel some places will deliver it to you so you don't need to make two trips and I bet they will cut you a good deal some you wont notice the loss of that deposit.
You are a bit late with your advice. Did you notice the last time the OP posted to this thread was six months ago?
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:17 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
You are a bit late with your advice. Did you notice the last time the OP posted to this thread was six months ago?
Sorry. I'm new to the forum and still getting used to it. I came across this one doing a search anyhow have a good night.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #130

Could the dealership provide a loaner for that specific trip. Very unfortunate and unreasonable. You have a right to be concerned.
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote