Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
Cool Manual Retraction of Slides

Does anybody know how I can manually move slide in if the electric motor fails? We have a "2015" 33RLDS.

michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
My 2012 Eagle 298 rls has a 2x2 ft removable panel in bottom board between axles, where motor is located. It has a bolt where you can attach a ratchet wrench, and bring it in or out. I believe you must cut the power while doing this.

arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Our 2012 X213 has a long crank ( like a jack handle ) that attaches under the bed ( which is the slide ). Crank it and the slide comes in.
2012 X213
2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star LB SRW

Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.

You live and learn, or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
Site Team
Every rig has similar yet different method. many such as yours have 2 sets of wires on them The instructions on my big slides(not Schwintek) have directions that I got from the manufacturer online. I believe they were also in my owners package. It says that one set operates the motor, the other disables the slide brake. Can be disable with a small battery.

Problem is, every time I had a problem, the bolt that connects the motor to the drive sheared, so it was not difficult to push the slide in by helping the slide with the sheared bolt.

If you take that access panel down and watch it operate, it is really not that complicated to replace the bolt as has been described in other threads.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:31 AM   #5
Thanks for the information. I'll look for the panels to access motor.
michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
When you find the motor that operates the slide there is a little lever sticking out of the motor. Slide (push) this lever in the opposite direction to disengage motor from mechanism, then using a 3/4 inch socket or wrench, crank the slide it. It is difficult at first, as it has the raise the slide before it starts in. Hint......lift up slide carpet in trailer and give the nylon glides a shot of silicon spray before starting.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS travel trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel with 60 gallon auxilary bed mounted fuel tank, Honda EU3000 generator.
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote