Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
Jmd

Mattress replacing where to buy?

We've tortured ourselves enough with sleeping on the stock mattress.

I'm wondering where some of you might have purchased a good one from? I know I need a short queen and leaning towards something memory foam / gel.
Jmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
bap

We bought one a couple years ago off from Ebay. Search "Short Queen Memory Foam Mattress" on Ebay. It came rolled up tight in plastic and a box. Put it in place before opening. I can't remember the exact one but it wasn't top of the line. We really like it.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #3

Lots of good choices on Amazon, many reviews to read, free shipping.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:21 AM   #4

We too had issues with the mattress. I found a thread on here had a few members suggesting the 11" Brentwood mattresses on Amazon. We looked at them but went with a 7" and we totally love it. Here is the link for you to look at...
Brentwood 7" Gel Infused HD Memory Foam Mattress - 100% Made in USA - CertiPur Foam - 25-Year Warranty, Triple Layer, All-Natural Wool Sleep Surface and Bamboo Cover, RV Short Queen Size 60 x 75 x 7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00II5MRCI..._6dTgzbNRE03JZ

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
njgsregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgsregal View Post
We too had issues with the mattress. I found a thread on here had a few members suggesting the 11" Brentwood mattresses on Amazon. We looked at them but went with a 7" and we totally love it. Here is the link for you to look at...
Brentwood 7" Gel Infused HD Memory Foam Mattress - 100% Made in USA - CertiPur Foam - 25-Year Warranty, Triple Layer, All-Natural Wool Sleep Surface and Bamboo Cover, RV Short Queen Size 60 x 75 x 7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00II5MRCI..._6dTgzbNRE03JZ

+1
I have the brentwood 11". Liked it so much, I bought one for the house. It's available in regular queen as well as short (RV) queen. Awesome mattress.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
PMC

I went with a local mattress company with what amounts to a fairly base level foam mattress they made to size (short queen) and the difference is massive. My wife was pretty disappointed we waited nearly 2 years to do it since for less than 500 bucks we sleep as well on the road now as we do at home.

The company is called Restwell Mattress Factory and I was told they provide Winnebago with their upgrade mattresses and they're they same model I bought. I have no proof but suspect if Winny is selling these at an upgrade the owners are very happy with what they bought.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #7
Jmd

Thanks for the tips everyone! I ordered the Brentwood 10" from Amazon.

We head out again in two weeks and I'm much happier feeling and looking forward to the trip now, my lower back is still recovering from last weekend and that is no joke. I would have been better off sleeping on the floor with my hiking mattress pad.

Wow, the stock mattresses are bad, I wouldn't even have my kids sleep on one now that I've experienced it.
Jmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #8

We put an nice thick memory foam queen from Ikea in ours, it was excellent. It's a bit longer than the oem units, but so am I! Worth squeezing by.
therealsafetya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmd View Post
Thanks for the tips everyone! I ordered the Brentwood 10" from Amazon.
Congrats!! I think you'll like it. We really like our Brentwood.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #10

Good luck... I let us know how you make out. One thing we learned was it was usable the day we got it but would be even nicer in 48 hours. We didn’t know that so we waited to install and wished we had installed right away. Again good luck

njgsregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Just add 2" memory foam topper. Works like a charm. ~$110

D.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #12

27BH lower bunk mattress replacement?

I am seeking a replacement for the "double" bunk mattress - it is the lower mattress in my bunkhouse which contains single over double. The original has always been a poor mattress it is about 46" x 75" with the front corner trimmed off to square with the base unit design. Any attempts made by forum members to upgrade this type of mattress? This may be termed a "short full" in the trade but that is TBD. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
Tommyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #13

Check out The Foam Factory online. We purchased our memory foam mattress there and have never regretted it. They will make it a short queen if you need that.
Acaltag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyo View Post
I am seeking a replacement for the "double" bunk mattress - it is the lower mattress in my bunkhouse which contains single over double. The original has always been a poor mattress it is about 46" x 75" with the front corner trimmed off to square with the base unit design. Any attempts made by forum members to upgrade this type of mattress? This may be termed a "short full" in the trade but that is TBD. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
I'd suggest The Foam Factory online. They will customize a memory foam mattress for you and they are very affordable. Our king bed at home is one, only cost us about $600.
Acaltag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #15

Foam Factory

they are working with me now on a topper and the cut-corner custom bunk mattress
Tommyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:34 AM   #16

Hey guys! I was debating between a queen topper on the bed or switching it out with a residential. We have room between the mattress and the wall, and we have a really good queen mattress that is sitting here unused. I started to pull it out, and was going to give it a trial run and then I thought about HOW I would actually get it into the camper? The door is not super tall and there is only a half wall. There must be a way to finagle it in but I'm curious about anyone who has done this - we have a 2017 264BHW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MichiganRVMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:19 AM   #17

We purchased a short queen mattress from Amazon. It is a Dynasty Mattress, 10 inch, gel memory foam. Very comfortable to sleep on. It does take a little getting used to as it is firm until your body heat softens up the foam. As we are trading in our current TT for a FW, we will probably have to get another mattress, full queen this time, after reading about the Jayco mattresses..
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #18

I made an impulse buy tonight and grabbed this topper at the store. It retailed for $179.99 but I am sure you can find it cheaper on Amazon. I haven't slept with it on yet but I just crawled onto the bed after unrolling it and making it and oh. My. Goodness! I can totally tell a difference! Well worth it, so far! We take our maiden voyage this weekend so I will report back then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MichiganRVMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #19

I just replaced our short queen in our whitehawk 28dsbh for a regular queen zinus sleep master 8" memory foam for $179. Just used it this weekend and it was really comfortable.
crtc_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #20

Foam Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyo View Post
they are working with me now on a topper and the cut-corner custom bunk mattress
Can you share the order details? I need to order the same thing.
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote